Chapter 23: M.I.A

Previously

Tori: Can we please talk?
------------------------
After seeing the message I dropped my phone. It fell to the floor and you could hear it echoe through the room. Lauren stirred awake and sat up quietly.

"Babe what's wrong?" She asked softly, I wiped the tears from my eyes and stood up. I frantically searched for my car keys but I couldn't find them. I searched my drawer and let out a sigh of relief when I found them. I put on my hoodie and took out 50 bucks from my wallet.

"Y/N your scaring me." Lauren said, her voice was shaky and breathless. I leaned over and kissed her. Lauren pulled away and rested her forehead on mine.

"Where are you going? It's one in the morning." Lauren asked worriedly, I laughed lightly and pecked her lips.

"Don't worry babe, I'll be back in a few hours. Go back to bed." I reassured Lauren, I didn't want to tell her where I was going. I'm sure she would've freaked out if she found out. She opened her mouth to talk but I cut her off.

"I said I'll be back in a few hours Lauren." I said brusquely, Lauren flinched at my tone. I ran a hand through my hair and laid back down on the bed with her.

"I'll stay with you until you fall asleep." I caressed her face and she gave me a small smile.

"I'm not going to sleep." Lauren stated firmly. I groaned and she laughed softly.

"I guess I'll have to tire you out." I said seductively, Lauren bit her lip and pulled me in for a kiss.
-----------------------------
Lauren ended up falling asleep before we could do anything. It was three in the morning so I took out my phone and texted Tori.

Y/N: I'm on my way. Don't try anything or else I'll kick you in the throat.
From Tori: Don't worry I just want to talk and you know you'd never hurt me.
Y/N: Don't underestimate me Victoria.

I put my phone in my pocket and quietly got out of bed. I grabbed my car keys and slipped out of the house. I got in my car and drove in the direction of Tori's house. I parked my car in front of her house and I put my pocket knife in my back pocket.
For safety purposes of course.
I walked to her front door and didn't bother knocking. As soon as I stepped in I got tackled in a hug.

"I mis-sed you. I'm s-sorry." Tori slurred, I could smell the scent of alcohol dripping from her
clothes.

"Ugh..you smell like crap. Let's get you in the shower." I carried Tori into her bathroom and she turned on the water.

"Caan... you...stay-" Tori was speaking slowly and I was getting aggravated so I cut her off.

"Yes I'll stay just get cleaned up I'll go find you some clothes." I went into her room and searched her drawers. I regreted stepping into her house but I couldn't just leave her. Tori was drunk and she wasn't fit to take care of herself.

"Y/N!?" Tori shouted from the bathroom. I placed her clothes on the bed and she came into the bedroom with a towel securely wrapped around her. I was about to walk out of the room but she pulled me back.

"Can you stay in the room with me?" Tori's words were clearer now but if you paid attention to her voice, you'd be able to hear her slurring. I nodded and laid down on her bed. I buried my face into her pillow and waited for her to finish changing. I felt Tori lay down next to me so I decided to get up.

"Wait! Please stay with me until l fall asleep." Tori pleaded and I huffed. I laid down next to her and she wrapped her leg around me. I awkwardly watched her as she fell asleep. Her bed started to feel oddly comfortable, a nap wouldn't hurt anyone. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

(Lauren's POV)
I patted the bed and realized y/n wasn't next to me. I frowned and sat up. I looked around for a note but I didn't see anything. I checked my phone for a message or a missed call but I found nothing. It's only nine in the morning she probably went to get breakfast, I thought to myself. I turned on the t.v and distracted myself by watching a few episodes of Spongebob since there was nothing good to watch. The clock kept ticking until it reached 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I could feel my fear taking over me, I was getting anxious so I decided to call y/n.

One Ring, Two Rings, Three Rings, she didn't answer. Her phone just sent me straight to voicemail.

"Hey baby it's Lauren please call me back when you get a chance. I'm worried please come home already." My voice cracked at the end of my sentence. I shut off my phone and tried to keep my mind off y/n. I'm sure she's safe maybe I'm just overreacting. A few more hours passed by and I still hadn't heard anything from y/n. It was now 6 o'clock in the afternoon and I had already called her a million times but she never answered.

"Y/N please answer me, this isn't funny. Please please come home!" I cried out. I started fidgeting with my fingers and scary thoughts invaded my mind.

Why wasn't she answering me?