04 | The Birthday Girl

Start from the beginning

"I know that whatever it is can be said after eight o'clock." I said, sitting up.

She placed the cupcake on my nightstand.

"Here. The least you can do is open this," she offered, handing me a small box.

I looked at her skeptically,

"This isn't a gunna explode is it?" I cautiously questioned.

"No! No, I wouldn't do that to you...again." she laughed.

I slowly opened the box,

"Oh my god, Aunt Carol." I joyed, taking the necklace out of the box.

"It's a family heirloom, and it means more than you know." she smiled.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, putting it on.

"Nothing, it's just a family thing." she replied.

"Well, I think our ancestors had great taste." I stated, holding the necklace between my fingers as it dangled from my neck.

"Yeah, they did." she nodded, before she rose from her place on my bed. "Okay, time for you to get outta bed and get ready for school."

"What? I don't even get a 'no school' pass on my birthday?" I whined,

"You're only fifteen dear, you don't get 'no school' passes." she sassed, leaving my room.

"Stiles slow down! I don't feel like running right now," I yelled after him,

"Come on-" he started, screeching to a quick stop as we reached a turn.

"Finally," I breathed, noticing Liam caught between Scott and us.

"Liam, hey!" Stiles shouted,

"We need to talk." Scott said.

"No, you need to back the hell up, okay? All of you." Liam retorted, loudly.

Liam looked between the three of us. "Can you just listen for one second. Please?" Scott paused.

Liam motioned for Scott to continue. "Liam...we're brothers now." Scott stated.

Liam's face contorted along with mine. "Oh- Scott.." I mumbled.

"What?" Liam spat.

"Oh, God. That's.." Stiles began, having the same reaction as me.

"What are you talking about? We just met and you bit me." Liam narrowed his eyes,

"The bite- The bite is a gift." Scott stated.

"Scott, stop. Please stop. You- you, we're trying to help you, you little runt." Stiles chimed in.

"By kidnapping me?" Liam questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"Woah- we did not kidnap you. Okay? Scott did." I clarified, backing up Stiles.

"Liam, I've gone through this before. Something's happening to you. Something big." Scott whispered,

"Nothing's happening to me. Nothing." Liam hissed, ripping his bandage off and storming away.

"He healed." I breathed, as we all exchanged looks.

"Oh, there's the birthday girl," Lydia smiled as Scott, Stiles, and I walked up to the buses.