Chapter 22

Every time I heard or talked to a girl talking about breaking up with someone it and then crying about it later, I always felt like those girls were overreacted cause there wasn't any point crying over some guy that they weren't even going to marry in the first place.

But now here I was, crying over a guy who was literally my "best friend" who wasn't even going to potentially "like-like" me.

I felt so disappointed in myself. I was ruining my own chances having fun with my friends because of being mad and sad about Ivy and Henry.

                  *               *
After about ten minutes, I heard them outside of the room. They sounded happy.

At least more happy that I was.

I was starting to think maybe I was the odd one out.

Belle had Adam, August and Chip were perfectly fine alone, and Henry had Ivy. Maybe I just didn't fit in with them.

Then I heard someone walk into the room, and I immediately tensed up.

I was seriously hoping that it wasn't anyone except for Belle.

Luckily hoping actually worked for once.

"Hey, Em are you in here?" Belle asked. "Everyone is wondering where you are".

"Yeah, I'm up here". I said sitting up, trying not to hit my head on the ceiling.

"Oh my gosh Em. Why are you crying!" Belle asked worried, climbing up the ladder of the bunk bed.

Belle would always be there whenever anything was wrong and I always appreciated her for that, but since she was my best friend, it was her job to look out for me.

"Oh no, it's because of  Ivy and Henry being-" Belle started, but I cut her off.

"Belle, seriously it's nothing. I don't even care about that anymore." I said shrugging.

"I was telling you that liking Henry wasn't going to turn out well for you. It basically a rule for any group of friends; you can't ever date or like someone in the group, it never turns out well." Belle admonished. "And look at you, I can't let my best friend get this sad over some guy.

"Can't I just stay in here, I don't want to go back out there." I moped.

I didn't want to go out again, my face probably looked like a hairless bear.

"No, you can't sit in this room and feel sorry for yourself. We came her to have fun, so that's exactly what we are going to do." Belle was such a good friend when it came to making me feel less sad, her techniques were really weird but they seemed to work.

I climbed down the ladder and started walking towards the bathroom. There was a bathroom inside the room, so at least I could somewhat improve my face.

I went into the bathroom and turned the tap on. I splashed some water on my face, it felt really good after crying for so long.

After calming down, I walked back into the room. Belle was still there waiting for me.

"Em, come on. Just forget about Henry." Belle said. " You can't hide from people forever.

"Okay fine".

I took a deep breath and opened the door.