Chapter 8

Oh, My Bejesus! - one of my many ways of saying OMG- Ivy-freaking-Lee was in the same class as me and Henry again!!

I felt like I could walk up to her and scratch her eyes out leaving a black void of blood in place of her eyes.

There was still no trace of Henry but Belle and Chip had come into the room just two minutes ago.

During lunch, I had told Belle that Ivy Lee was pure evil and that she was the devil in the form of a sassy teenager, but Belle didn't understand my anger. 'Ivy isn't going after Henry', 'You're crazy' she told me, but her voiced seemed off, possessing more angst than usual.

After the quick introduction, class went on as normal. Mrs. Mcallister put that freakin' she-devil next to me... just my amazing luck.

"Oh, aren't you in my science class?" Ivy said with a cheeky smile as she sat down at the desk next to me.

"Yeah. I am, I actually-" I started to say but the annoying creep interrupted me.

"Cool", she said, like she didn't care about what I had to say next, and I was glad that she wanted to ignore my presence. I really didn't get her, she would go from feeling really enthusiastic to an I-don't-want-to-be-here-and-I-don't-care tone. She was so bi-polar I decided, after the three minutes of short conversation I had with her.

* * * * * * * *
Mrs. Mcallister made us take a quiz on a topic I didn't understand one bit. Ivy - as the over-achiever I thought she was - wanted to take the quiz, and acted like she was the smartest person in the world or something. I was definitely being absurd.

August didn't take the quiz since he didn't know what it was about so he was just sitting there and he was completely spaced out. The whole time we were taking the quiz August was just awkwardly staring at me emotionless and every time I looked at him, he would wave and then turn around. He would do this till I stopped looking at him and then he would continue to stare. And every five minutes he would ask me obnoxious pointless questions -that anyone with common sense could answer. He was literally three rows in front of me and he practically whispered so loudly it was like he was talking across the whole classroom.

All this chaos was going on while I was taking a quiz on a topic I was totally lost about. I had a feeling I was going to fail immensely.

After we had finished taking the quiz. Mrs. Mcallister announced that tomorrow was the last day of school before we officially had winter break. August looked happy after he heard that he only had be here tomorrow and then he wouldn't have to come back till after three weeks.

* * *
After the bell rang and everybody piled back into the hall, I saw Henry in the mess off people but he was to far for me to ask him where he had been for the past 70 minutes.

I crawled through the giants and went to my locker.

After I got my stuff I went to the entrance of the school to wait for Belle, Chip and August. As I walked out the front door I saw Adam and Belle talking, Belle was yelling at him. Oh no, something was wrong. They were so close to asking each other out, a fight would only make them feel worse.

I walked up to them of neither said 'Hi' back to me and that was unusual, I was completely confuzzled, so I decided to completely stay away from both of them.

I saw Chip standing near the greenway that we had walked on the come to school. The greenway was covered in a blanket of snow, but there were footprints all over splattered on the soft snow. Most of the footprints were ours but some of them were from other kids and also there were a few bike tracks.

"Hey" Chip said as I got to him. "Whats wrong with Belle, she's being more obnoxious than usual?"

"Oh, I don't know whats wrong with her. She hasn't talked to me all day, I tried to get some answers out of her but she was acting like a total jerk." I said