Chapter 6

After we showed him the fountain we headed back to the secret treehouse.

"Omg, remember when we pretended that we were on a pirate ship and there was another pirate ship that was attacking us and they wanted us to sacrifice someone". Belle said as she sat on the small wooden bridge that connected the two side of the treehouse together.

"I definitely remember that because you were the one that we did sacrifice," Chip said slightly smirking at Belle.

I started to remember that day and a bunch of bits and pieces of that memory started to come together and I finally saw it in my mind like a movie.

It was about five years ago, it was a bright sunny day- about 78 degrees and the tree house wasn't all frosted with snow but it looked really new-since it had been a year after we found it.

There were five eleven-year-olds, -obviously me, Belle, Chip and Henry -but I couldn't recognize who the fifth person was. Her skin was pale but it wasn't a horrifyingly pale. She had short jet black hair it was up to her shoulders and it curved in at the bottom. I couldn't see her face that clearly but it looked like she had ivy green eyes with a tint of gold specks, they were really pretty. Henry and Chip were on the treehouse -both of them were a few inches shorter than they were now but they were pretty tall compared to me and Belle.

The girl with the black bob cut was standing next to Henry and whispering something to him but I couldn't make it out, he smiled after he heard what she said and then he walked to Chip who was standing on the right side of the treehouse near the little platform that Belle was standing on waiting to be "sacrificed". Then I walked over to the ladder and climbed it to the first floor of the treehouse where everyone else was. Chip shouted out "Let her be sacrificed" pushing Belle near the edge of the little platform. Belle was screaming "Noo..." as she jumped off the platform into the ocean - which was actually just the ground. Belle went to sit on a wooden bench that was on the ground near the bottom of the treehouse. The girl with the black bob cut looked at the watch on her wrist and then had a worried/shocked look on her face. She ran to Henry and whispered something to him... again and then she slid down the rope that was in the back of treehouse. She waved to me and Belle and hopped onto a pink bike which was laying in the bushes next to the bench Belle was sitting on and rode away.

"Ivy!", I screamed, remembering the name of the girl with the black bob,"That's what her name was!"

Then the memory started to fade and brought me back to reality. I started to feel a little dizzy and I was shocked because everyone looked fifteen instead of eleven. "Em. are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had a very vivid memory of us playing that old pirate game we used to play back when we were younger. There was this girl named Ivy with black hair".

"I have to go.. but thanks for showing me around" August said half-smiling mostly directed towards me. 

* * * * * * * * *

Henry didn't stay for dinner today which was pretty unusual since he practically lived at Belle and Chip's house.

During dinner, we explained our whole mini adventure to Belle's dad- but we didn't explain the whole hour of awkwardness, partially because only me and Henry understood what happened between us and I didn't feel like explaining it to Chip, Mr. Rose or Belle.

The rest of the night went by fast and the next thing I knew we were back to another week of torture...school.

* * * * * * * * *
My obnoxiously dreadful day actually started off to a normal start.

The alarm rang at precisely at 6:30 am. "What is that horrible noise" Belle groaned "Turn it off I'm trying to sleep".

"Fine!" I turned the alarm off, set it to 7:00 am and then went back to sleep. I tried to sleep but the sunlight from outside was penetrating through the window and right into my eyes.