Chapter 15

Eventually, after a while, I realized that I had forgotten my gloves inside and that I'd been playing in the snow without gloves on, this whole time.

"Ouch," August exclaimed after I chucked a snowball at him. "My leg hurts".

"Didn't your mom take you to the doctor three days ago?"

"Yeah. He said that my ankle was sprained." He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Oh my gosh, you are so dumb. How is it even possible to forget that your ankle is sprained?" I couldn't believe how stupid he was.

I made him go inside and literally almost had to push him into the house. A while later after we came inside August started to complain about his ankle.

Since we couldn't go outside again, I decided to show him the first episode of Hunting Death so he could forget about his ankle. I just hoped he liked it so he could watch it with me after he got caught up.

We got through an episode until everyone woke up and disturbed the silence - except for the TV.

I hadn't realized that Mr. Rose was awake until he called us into the dining room and told us that breakfast was ready. It was around 10:30 by now.

* * *
I just drank a cup of hot chocolate cause I wasn't that hungry so I had to wait about fifteen minutes for everyone to finish eating.

Mr. Rose made blueberry pancakes -I didn't even know that Mr. Rose could make pancakes - and I think they were pretty good cause everyone ate about three.

Then after everyone finished eating Mr. Rose made an announcement.

"Okay, kids listen up!" Mr. Rose proclaimed. "In three days I am taking you kids to a ski resort in New York".

"I'm not sure if my mom will let me go because of my ankle". August said worried - sounded a lot like he didn't want to go.

"Actually I already called all your parents, and I pretty sure Henry's parents are fine with him coming because he has spends almost the whole day with us anyways". Mr. Rose had literally already figured things out. "Oh, Ivy you should come with us too. Ask your parents".

Of Course.

* * *
After a while, we all went outside. Me, August and Chip were sitting on the swing under the tree - which surprising didn't have that much snow on. Everyone else was trying to make a snowman over seven feet tall.

So far it was four feet tall and Chip had given up only when it was two feet - he was just lazy, but I, however, did want to help them make it.

Unfortunately the virago - Ivy - was so near Henry, it made me irritated and mad at myself for not being calm enough around him. I didn't want to even look at them, Belle and Adam, however, were perfect together.

I didn't really understand why I hated Ivy, but I guess it was just because of jealousy. That was the weird thing, I never got jealous. I knew in my gut that he liked me so technically I had no reason to be jealous, but I still was.

I got up off the swing and decided to help them. Sledding was my favorite part of the winter but building snowmen was also fun..I guess.

This time I didn't forget to wear my snow gloves.

* * *
Around 2:00 we finally finished. It was pretty tall but, we didn't make it to seven feet, it was only around six feet. "Oh, I have to go now," Ivy said looking at her phone. "Can someone walk me home, I don't want to be kidnapped or something". She obviously wanted Henry to walk her, we all knew it.

I rolled my eyes as they walked away and walked into the house. I couldn't stand her being around Henry for even a few minutes, how was I going to endure seeing them together for the whole trip.