Chapter 10

I don't remember having a dream that night -which was peculiar cause I had about five different dreams every night that were somehow linked and really unexplainably amazing, but maybe because all that sugar was messing with my imagination.

* * *
I couldn't sleep all night but that didn't bother me cause I was a really light sleeper, and that meant that any small noise woke me up. I was used not being a 100% asleep

I woke up at 5:00 - earlier than usual. I just sat on the bed looking at these comics about this squad of superheroes saving the world or helping with something severe. They were called the Mystic Marvels. Eventually, I went downstairs after a while because I couldn't stand the silence or the obnoxious ticking of the clock.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw Chip sitting in the living room playing a video game. He was stretched out on the couch. "What are you doing up so early?", I asked. Chip never woke up later than 7:15 and usually stayed up till 1:00am playing Fifa on his PlayStation on the TV in his room.

"I could ask you the same" Chip retorted. "but since I really don't care what you do, I'm not going to ask you".

"Okay then, enjoy whatever you are doing," I said bemused, as I walked out of the living room and went into the back of the house where there was a huge screened deck. I saw the sun poking out from the darkness, it was just a little glimmer of orange light peeking from in-between the silhouettes of the tall maple trees frosted with snow.

I didn't always get to see the sunrise because the sun rose around 7:00 during the winter time and then during the summer I usually missed it because the sun rose around 5:30 and I never woke up earlier than 6:30. I sat there for a while just enjoying the view till I heard a noise of something moving behind me and I got all perturbed. I was scared to turn around, afraid that the ax murder was back.  We still hadn't figured out who that Black Porsche had belonged to but at the moment I only cared about my personal safety.

I slowly craned my neck around to see who it was but nobody was there. Maybe this is what happened when you watch too many horror films, I should have really listened to my mom when she constantly told me to stop watching that genre.