Chapter 46

"Show me." I say, and the young lady turns on her heel and leads me forward. Cinda is still with Jacob and Aron. I suspect she's taking them to the medical hall.

"She hasn't said much yet, " the girl says, turning her head a bit as she walked. "She said that she wanted you to hear what she had to say."

I nod. I'm glad that she wants to wait for me.

The girl opens a door, and I see Jo sitting in a huge chair, surrounded by a few select people. I see Alec, Chris, and my mom. David isn't there for some reason. I'm the last one to enter the room. Jo gives a shy smile and waves at me. I smile back.

"Hey, Jo. How are you?" I ask, walking over to give her a quick hug.

"I'm good, thanks." She smiles again. She's glad I'm here, and so am I. I'm happy to see her.

"I'm sorry to cut you short, but we need to start. Jo, what can you tell us about the people at Ruby?" my mom juts in.

Jo sits quietly for a moment, gathering herself. "Well, I heard them talking about a man named Krej a lot. I think that he might be one of the people in charge. there was another man, but they never said his name. They just called him Supreme. They said that he was building a world of better, more talented people." She finishes, glancing around at everyone.

Better, more talented people. That would explain David's visions, my telekinesis, and Cinda's apparent mind control, I realize. The way she made those two Ruby guards talk after I was kidnapped....

"Did you ever get to see this Supreme person?" I ask. Jo shakes her head. I furrow my brows, chewing on my lip. I want to know who this person is. I want him to be gone.

But I'll have to wait.

"Thanks, Jo. You really helped us," My mom says seriously. I grin a tiny bit. Even though Jo is much younger than all of us, she's treated as an equal.

"You're welcome," She shrugs as if it was nothing. "Do I get to see my parents now?"

I'm startled. I didn't know her parents were even here. Mom glances around the room. Everyone nods when her eyes glide over them. Meanwhile, the smile peeking out from Jo's lips is growing rapidly.

"Yes, " my mom finally answers. Jo is beaming now, and no one in the room can help but do the same. Her happiness makes us happy. She gives my mom a quick squeeze, and then she waits eagerly while we head down to the dining hall.

There. Two people are sitting quietly at a table, watching for something, or something. Their eyes meet us, searching frantically. Then, they find what they're looking for. Jo.

The lady presses her hand to her mouth, tears glistening in her eyes. The man rests his hand on her shoulder, the same tears in his eyes.

"Mom! Dad!" Jo shouts, hurrying towards them. They go to her, scooping her up between them. They hold her tightly, not letting go.

"It's her, it's our baby, safe and sound," he says, his voice shaking.

I smile distantly. She has her family back. I'm happy for her, but at the same time, I'm sad. She doesn't need me anymore.

I turn around to leave them alone. As I walk away, all I can think about is how desperately I wish that my family could have a reunion like that one.

Then, I feel a hand on my shoulder. It's Jo's father.

"Are you the one who saved our daughter?" he asks.

"Yes."

"Thank you, " he says, his voice thick with emotion. "I can't thank you enough. Thank you."