ღ Chapter 9 ღ

** The Next Day **

      I glanced at the clock on my microwave, it was time for my photography classes. I picked up my bag and slipped my boots on, it was now raining in cloudless Seattle. And before I even stepped out the door, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a leather jacket, it was Aven's. I looked down at my bohemian outfit, what a bad combination, especially for the weather. I grabbed the jacket before leaving out the door, throwing it over my shoulders only to add a bit of a mystery to my outfit. I thought it completed the look I wanted.    

The jacket smelt like Aven. It had a dark, musky, and blazing scent attached to it. Whatever it was, it smelt amazing and just like him. I held on carefully to my camera, I didn't want to damage the lenses or the photos I had collected or taken due to the rain drops splattering over me. When I reached the front lobby doors, I opened them with force and went around to the side parking lot to retreive my car.

I laid my stuff down in the back and got in the driver's seat, turning the key into the ignition. When I successfully got it started, I backed up and drove off to where my classes were being held at. Along the way, I felt a little optimisitc about my day. It was finally a Friday, I've been waiting for it. That's when my phone began ringing. "Hello?" I answered, wanting to hang up so I could focus my attention on driving, and not on speaking to someone.     

"Bailey?" the person on the other end asked. "Who's this?" feeling a bit suspicious, how did they know my name? "It's Aven." My heart stopped racing, it was only Aven. "How did you get my number?" I suddenly remembered that I never gave him my number, I just wanted to know how he obtained it. "I have my ways." he muttered. "Oh, so...do you need anything?" I inquired politely. "Do you have time today?" he asked me.

"I have to attend my photography classes, I'm not giving them up for you, you know." I said a bit rudely, but I didn't care, he caused my sister's and I's biggest fall out. "After your classes?" Aven didn't seem to notice my cold tone. A frown made its mark on my face, "I'm going to be busy." I told him, I was busy...busy working at the record store. I don't know why, I just wanted Aven out of my sight now. It was like I never wanted to see him again. 

"Record store?" he asked me. My mind suddenly felt strained, why did he have to know where I work at? "Fine. Go there." I demanded. I heard Aven smile, why was he happy?! I was very confused. Before he said anything else, I quickly hung up on him. I had an idea, I wasn't sure if it was going to work well, but I knew I wouldn't see Aven today. 

**

"Hold your camera like this." my substitute instructor, Ms.Dunbar, was teaching me how to hold the modern cameras of today, except it wasn't a camera you get at the store, it was an actual profressional photography camera. I was proud of myself for making it this far. "Now, click this button on top when you're ready to take the photo." she told me, she tilted the camera to the side and showed me the button I was supposed to press when I take photos. 

Ms.Dunbar looked at the time on her watch, "Oh, would you look at that? It's time to leave, that lesson went by fast." 

She was right, it did go by fast. Very carefully, I put the camera down and backed out of the room. Ms.Dunbar was scratching on a clipboard, I walked out of the classroom and quickly hurried out of the building. The rain was still pouring heavily outside. I sighed and wished it was sunny for a change. 

I found my car and opened it. I looked at the time, it was almost time for my shift at the record store. I picked my phone up and called in sick, even though I really wasn't. Now Aven can't find me. My manager picked up on the 3rd ring, "Hello?" he answered. "This is Bailey. I'm calling in sick for the day." I pretended to cough horribly and force my voice to be hoarse to make it seem real. "Bailey, you sound terrible. Take the day off, in fact, take the damn week off. I don't want you around sick with the customers. You never know, everybody's been getting the flu, you might have it too." he told me. 

"Thank you." I happily croaked. I hung up and put the phone down, I had more than enough time to get away from Aven. I started the car up and drove out of the parking lot. The first stop was home, I needed to get my stuff together. 

**

"Clothes, bathroom products, laptop." I said to myself. I gathered most of my things together. My sister was at work and I was at home getting my things packed. 

I was only doing this to avoid Aven. I didn't want to see or talk to him. I just needed to distance myself away from him, that's the best option I can think of at the moment. 

It was right then and there when I heard someone's keys jangle in the door lock. My mind wandered to my sister, Amari. She's home from work early. I thought fast, and I hid my suitcase in my closet. Amari knocked on my door, "Bailey, are you in there? Aren't you supposed to be working?" she asked me. "Um. I'm sick, caught a fever earlier this week." I coughed into my sleeve and smiled innocently.

Amari nodded, "Same with me, felt really light headed today so I left early. There's some tylenol in the medince cabinet if you need any. Get some rest, okay?" and with that, Amari left. I sunk into my bed, how was I going to escape now? With Amari home and sick, I don't know if I'm going to be able to leave without her noticing the huge suitcase I would be carrying down.  

My eyes trailed towards the window, now I have an idea. 

~

"I really don't like this." I said to Meredith, my best friend. We were on the exterior staircase of the apartment building I lived in. I was trying to descend down the stairs, but who knew that Aven lived a floor beneath me. "Does he see you?" Mere asked me. I shook my head, "He's at his wet bar making a drink." I told her,  eyeing him carefully. 

"I feel like having one." Mere muttered, looking over the railing. "I don't know what to do, with my suitcase that's half the size of me, I don't know if I'll be able to make it without getting his attention." I looked down at the city below me, they all have the chance of running away. 

"Maybe I'll get him distracted. You know, I could like, say I'm stuck or something." Mere suggested. I chuckled, "He's going to recognize you from the record store and think you're an idiot for getting stuck in a place like this." Meredith sighed, "Why is it so hard trying to escape? Why do you need to escape anyways? You never told me." 

I shrugged, "Because..." Meredith stuck her head out at me, "Because?" 

"Look, you don't understand." I continued, "I think I'm in love with him." I whispered the last words to her. "So? Isn't that a good thing?" she asked me. "Not really. I don't want to be in love. I want to snake away from that feeling, because I just hate it. Don't you know the emotion?" I questioned. 

Meredith frowned, "Sadly, yeah." 

"Well, that's exactly how I feel right now. He's giving me mixed signals and I don't know what to do. He's following me and I get scared, he knows it too." I told her. Meredith looked at me, "Don't be scared." 

I smiled, but it faded as soon I heard a voice that I did not want to hear. "Who's out here?" It was Aven. 

I mouthed a swear word and hoped he wouldn't notice me even though I was right there. He turned his head in my direction and saw me, "Bailey?" I didn't know what to say so I just sat there, staring at him like an idiot.

Can I die already?

A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading, I really really REALLY appreciate it! Luckily, I'm on summer vacation right now and I can write all night long without worrying about my bedtime. So...do you know what that means?! MORE UPDATES ON MY STORIES!! Yup, I'm happy about that. Again, thanks for reading and be sure to expect more updates :) bye --- ImParadise