ღ Chapter 8 ღ

A/N - Hey guys :) I'm beginning this chapter at nearly 3 in the morning, mainly because I had nothing better to do and I drank a whole can of an energy drink, so I'm not really tired. I'm currently sitting in my room, in the dark, with the door closed, the only light is coming from my laptop and I'm listening to some Lana Del Rey...and boy, I'm having fun! I just thought I would tell you guys, cause y'anno, I'm a ball of energy and adrenaline! :) have fun reading guys --- ImParadise x.

EDIT - OH MY GOD D: I barely noticed that my setting in some chapters are totally different! The story is supposed to take place in Seattle, but I'm thinking it's in New York...I'm so sorry guys! I have another story that's taken place in New York, particulary Manhattan, and in the previous chapter, I wrote something like, 'I was about to walk down casually down the streets of Manhattan,' or something along those lines. My apologies! I'll try my best to fix my errors, anywho, continue reading! I PROMISE TO GET THEM FIXED! --- ImParadise x. (again :P)

      We arrived at the coffee shop in less than 15 minutes. Aven got of the car and almost ran to my side to generously open the door for me. "Thanks." I muttered, not looking at him directly. I walked up the steps to the urban coffee shop and again, Aven ran to my side and happily opened the door for me. I nodded my head in a 'Thank you,' kind of way. We sat down in a booth by a window overlooking the beautiful park across the street. 

I grabbed the menu and scanned it quickly, looking for the drink I usually order. I put it back, content that they still made it. Aven looked up at me, "Already know what you want?" he asked. I nodded again and waited for the waitress to come around. "We aren't supposed to be seen together." I reminded him quietly. Aven put the menu away and stared at my motionless expression, "I don't care." 

"I do." I replied back,  "I just don't want to disappoint my sister." I added. Aven shrugged, "You're just a goody two shoes, learn to relax, be calm." he advised, smiling nonchantly. "I am not." I defended. "Who you think you're fooling?" he asked, still sneakily grinning. I rolled my eyes, "What's gotten into you?" 

"I could ask the same about you. You seem so much more...cranky." he observed the waitress coming around the corner, she approached the table and pulled out a small notepad and a blue ink pen, "Figured out what you want to order?" she asked both of us politely. "Yes, I would the vanilla cappuchino topped with whip cream and dark chocolate sprinkles." I said in the nicest way possible even though Aven was getting me pissed off. 

The waitress turned to Aven, who looked up and down towards him. "I want the fruit passion tea with a bit of a kick to it." he said cooly. "What do you mean by adding a bit of a kick to it?" the unsure waitress asked him. " I merely meant alcohol, got Pabst Blue Ribbon?" he inquired. The waitress nodded. "Add it." Aven dismissed before looking to me as he lips curved into a small smile again. "Don't you want alcohol?" he questioned. "I AM NOT coming back to your place tonight again, that is a mistake I don't want to make repeatedly." 

"Oh, that wasn't what I was asking, underage drinker? That' quite an achievement to have, don't you think?" 

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I ignored his dumb comments, he should really keep them to himself. "I wanted to apologize." he admitted a bit openly. "What is there left to apologize about?" I asked, feeling a bit confused. Aven grabbed my hand, I pulled away, but he grabbed it again, and this time I didn't recoil back. "I want to say, I'm sorry for causing us to be forbidden to not see each other. I want to take responsibility for the inappropiate action I commited and say that I freely apologize. Will you find room in your dearest heart to forgive me?" he smirked, I could easily tell he was being sarcastic. 

I sighed, when will he ever stop with making me annoyed? "It's okay, that is if you aren't using any sarcasm when you're trying to say sorry to me. I can spot it pretty easily." I told him, his grip on my pale hand tightened. Aven let it go in frustration, "Fine then, I'm sorry. And what's got you so mad?" he asked me, his sincere eyes were gazing into mine. I shrugged, "I don't know. It's just..." I trailed off, only leaving Aven wanting to know more information. I didn't want him to know that I kissed Desmond, I know that they both don't like each other, so I decided it would be best not tell Aven.

"Just?" questioned Aven, trying to finish my sentence. I tried to let the conversation change, but Aven wouldn't allow it. "What happened?" he inquired, "You can tell me...tell me anything." he added. Deep down inside of me, I wanted to let him know, but then I didn't because I was afraid I was going to ruin our little 'relationship' we have. I know he doesn't consider us being together, he just wants fun and a wild time with a girl he hardly knows.

He kept begging me and begging me to the point of making me irritated. "I kissed Desmond, okay?!" I almost yelled. The waitress who was carefully bringing our drinks came around, she gently put them down, "Sorry for the wait. Coffee maker is having problems." she said as she put the drinks down and two straws. I nodded my in response and waited patiently for her to leave, I wanted to talk to Aven and see what he would think of this whole situation.

"I knew it," he muttered. "You what?" I asked him, Aven was casually stirring his hot beverage when he looked up at me, "Something was bound to happen between you two. I could sense it." 

"Now you sound crazy. Are you sure that alcohol isn't getting to you?" I asked, looking into his drink suspiously. "Don't be silly. I knew that you two had something going on." he said. I scoffed, "I don't have any feelings for Desmond. None. At all." Aven slumped his shoulders and continued, "Or at least, he has feelings for you." I traced my eyes around the small and quaint cafe, "I wouldn't go out with him. He may think of me as his romantic interest, but I think of him as my older brother I could tell anything to." 

"Don't forget older brother you kissed." Aven reminded me. "Just...be quiet." I demanded softly. I could hardly think, with Aven bothering me about Desmond and his overwhelming feelings with me, it got to me. I told Aven the truth, I had zero interest in Desmond, sure, I thought he was cute when I first met him, but that evolved into something different and something more...loving. "But I'm sorry." apologized Aven. He was holding his coffee cup up to his lips and he was smiling very faintly. "It's okay." I quietly replied back. 

 Aven finally shut up, he put the coffee mug down and stared out the window that was facing towards the Seattle streets. A few minutes passed by until Aven broke the silence between us, "I think it's time we leave." he said to me, he slowly stood up and placed a 20 dollar bill on the wooden table. "We barely got here." I responded back. Aven stayed quiet and still, I guess that was his way of protesting. 

"I'll leave then." I got up too and slid out of the comfortable booth. Aven led the way out the front door, the cold Seattle air hit my face. I wrapped my arms around myself and then felt something warm around me, Aven had put his arm around my shoulders, it felt electrifying. "Ladies first." he smiled, it wasn't one of those sneaky smiles, it was a warm and friendly smile. I sat in the passenger seat of his expensive Audi. Aven opened the door for himself and slid into the driver's seat. 

He turned the car on and we went back to the apartments we both resided in. 

***

"Thanks for taking me out." I told him, we were standing outside the lofts we lived in. Aven had handed me his leather jacket to put on over my outfit, it was extremely cold, almost to the point of snowing. "No problem." Aven said before going into the lobby. I still had the jacket wrapped around me, "Don't you want your jacket back?" I called out right before the door closed, Aven looked back at me, smiled, and continued walking to the elevator. 

I'll take that as a no.