ღ Chapter 1 ღ

Click.

Another snapshot was taken. The polaroid camera soon developed the photograph, I grabbed it and stared at it. It was a simple picture of a statue, I was required to snap photos of sculptures for my photography class I took every day. I hope to be a professional photographer one day. Soon, my professor, Mr.Turow, walked in the room, he was carrying a large cardboard box filled with those Tumblr themed, hipster-vintage cameras those pretty models pose with.

"Do you mind taking pictures with these? I thought you might like them, you're into that whole vintage scene." Mr.Turow smiled, he pushed his glasses up and began showing me each camera. "Then there's the Lomo 135 VS. Some parts of this camera is made out of metal. It's kinda heavy. Ah, my favorite...The Zenit-TTL." he explained, holding up the camera he was talking about. "I used to love taking photos with this baby." he patted it lightly and placed it back into the box.

"Do you have a favorite?" he asked me. I shrugged, "I used the Canon F1, it worked really well and the pictures were surprisingly clear." I told him. "That's a goodie." Mr.Turow said, "I should leave you to it. Take at least 2 to 4 photos with each camera and report back to me, I want to see if you know all the different angles you could do with them." he added. He took one more look at the box, then disappeared out the door he appeared from. 

I ran my fingers on the cameras and haulted. My phone started buzzing loudly, I took it out, I had received a text message. 

Where are you at?? Our shifts are coming and you're not even here! Get your butt down here, Bailey! - Mere 

Meredith, one of my best friends, was right. I glanced at the time, it was almost 5:00. "Crap!" I whispered, cautioned that Mr.Turow was literally in the room next door. I grabbed my book bag, threw it over my shoulder, and hurried out the room. I stopped when I realized I forgot the cardboard box full of cameras. I walked back in, snatched it off the table, and left out the door and down the elevator to the parking lot where my car was located at.

I opened the trunk when I reached my car. I settled the box down and slipped inside the driver seat where I started the car up and eventually left to my work place. A few moments later, I found the record store where I was employed at along with my two best friends, Meredith and Desmond. I scrambled for my lanyard which held my I.D. I found it hiding in the glove compartment, I pulled it over my neck and got out of the car, walking up to the entrance.

"There you are." beamed Desmond, he opened the door for me and went, "Ladies first." I smiled welcomely, "Thanks." I walked inside the record store, Meredith looked up from the cash register, she instantly smiled when she saw me, "You're here!" she almost screamed, then looking around as if somebody heard her. She came around the counter and lunged herself towards me, hugging me tightly. "I thought you were going to call in sick today." she said, fixing her extremely curly hair.

"I already did last week, couldn't miss another day." I mumbled, following her behind the register and putting my stuff down. "So what are we assigned to do today?" I asked loudly, making sure that Desmond heard me. He pointed at Mere, "Mere is supposed to stay at the register today." then he wagged his index finger towards me, "You and I are putting away albums and records back to their original places." he said, then glancing at the bins on the floor where hundreds of records were kept in. We were supposed to put all those away by tonight. 

I nodded understandably, "Got it. How many customers have we attracted today?" I inquired. Mere typed on her laptop and went, "Dunno, probably at least 3 dozen in the past few hours. Not very many for a shop located in downtown Seattle."

"It's all about iTunes now. Nobody won't look twice at these babies." Desmond said, holding up Queen's Sheer Heart Attack album that was released in 1974. I shrugged, "But it's fun working in a record store."