ღ Chapter 2 ღ

I stumbled inside the loft that my older sister was currently renting, it was a very nice one. I unlocked the door, only to discover that the lights were off. "Hello?" I called, my voice bouncing off the walls. "I'm in here!" yelled back my sister, Amari. She was 25 and worked as editor in chief for Teen Vogue, she was just that talented.

I walked out to the balcony that overlooks all of bright, crazy, and loud Seattle. Amari was leaning over the balcony wrought iron gate and was trying to get my cat, Kodiak. I gasped, "What's Kodiak doing out here?!" Amari shrugged, "Came home from work a few hours ago and she was scratching on the door, isn't that what dogs do?" 

"I don't know, but can you get her?" I asked worriedly. "I'm trying to, but she won't stay put." 

"Come here Kodiak. Come here." cooed Amari, she had that same tone of voice when she spoke to babies or toddlers. Kodiak came running towards Amari, she smiled and picked her up. "All yours now." she said, handing her to me and slipping out the doors. I followed and we both entered the kitchen. 

She rested against the pantry, "I'm tired, I gotta get to bed." she said, then walked towards her bedroom and shut the door. I held Kodiak and went to my bedroom to just rest, I had a long day today. I put the cat down in her bed and then went to mine. I turned out the light and covered myself entirely with the covers. I closed my eyes and then I was peacefully asleep.

~

"Wake up, lazy!" playfully yelled my sister, Amari. She was at the foot of my bed and was grinning mischievously. "Ugh, what is so important that you have to wake me up?" I asked, sitting up and taking off my satin eye mask. Amari tugged the sheets off of me and went, "You have work today and we have to attend that dinner party of mine tonight." 

"I don't want to go." I groaned. "The whole cast of Pretty Little Liars might come. This is to be named the craziest party of all in Teen Vogue history and if you don't come, you might not meet them!" she told me. I smiled, "Fine, I'll come." Amari did a little fist bump and left my room to allow me to get ready for work, my shift keeps changing.

I stumbled out of bed and made my way to the huge walk-in closet that came with my room. I chose white skinny jeans with a Pink Floyd band tee and my Converse that had the US flag printed and distressed on it. I pulled my Red Valentino handbag over my shoulders and grabbed my lanyard off the vanity. 

I went into the living room where Amari was resting on the couch and watching TV. "Gotta go!" I said, opening the door and closing it silently. "Bye!" I heard her say before I disappeared behind the front door. I then went down the smooth elevator and out to the crowded parking lot where my car was parked neatly against the curb.

I unlocked it and slipped inside the front door. I put my purse on the passenger seat and realized my box of cameras were sitting there. I sat there,dumbfounded, and wondering where I should place them at. 

I thought I placed them in the trunk?

I shrugged and started the car, moving the $500 purse carefully on the floor. I backed up and drove to work. I turned on the radio and used the AUX cord to play songs off my iPod. I changed it to listen to some songs off the old Maroon 5 album, Songs About Jane, that came out years ago, specifically listening to Sunday Morning and Harder To Breathe.

A few red lights stopped me and a couple of green lights let me go. After about 10 minutes, I arrived at my destination, the record store I worked at, 45 or Better. I smiled to myself and got out of the car, walking to the entrace of the shop. I opened the door and saw that Desmond was standing by the cash register. I stood next to him and tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He turned around and grinned.