ღ Chapter 6 ღ

A/N - Hey guys! Author here :) I'm so so SO sorry for not updating my story in the longest time, I have been very busy lately and it's downing my time for updating the chapters. So I deeply apologize and I promise I'll be more attentive to it next time! Alright, thanks for reading! Have a good day and I'll see you guys later! :) ♥ --- ImParadise 

WARNING - This chapter may contain strong language. (sorry for the seriousness! :P)

          "He doesn't like you." I said in my slurry drunk voice. Aven started cracking up, "I know he doesn't. Why else would he treat me like crap?" I shrugged, "Most likely jealous if you ask me." It was a dark evening and I couldn't tell you how much alcohol I had drank. Aven and I were on the topic of Desmond, the guy who I had gotten into a fight with earlier in the day.

Aven started laughing, "Jealous? He has a reason though, I mean come on, look at this." Aven pulled his shirt up, revealing a six pack. I almost dropped the glass containing alcohol on the floor, but luckily, I caught it by surprise. "Wow, must've been working out lately, huh?" I smiled and started cracking up for no reason. Aven put his shirt down and joined me, we were laughing like hyenas. 

All of a sudden, my butt started vibrating. "What's that noise?" asked Aven, looking around the room. I sloppily dug a hand in my back pocket and pulled out my phone, which had an incoming call. I picked up, "Who is this and why do you have my number?" I said, smiling and not caring who the person on the other end was. "Ugh, have you been drinking?" asked a familiar voice.

"You need to be home right now!" the person almost yelled. I recognized the voice, it was my sister, Amari. I rolled my eyes toward the ceiling, "No." I smirked. Aven started shouting something incoherently. "Who's that in the background?!" asked Amari, she sounded confused and angry all at the same time. "Don't worry 'bout it." I mumbled. "You're drinking and you're underage. You have some male in the background screaming things I can't understand and I have no fucking idea where you're at. Don't you dare tell me not to fucking worry about it." she snapped. 

I started giggling, "I have to go. Bye." I said, before hanging up and throwing the phone halfway across the room. Aven stopped, he looked alarmed, "Who was that?" he inquired innocently. "Don't worry 'bout it." I chuckled as I fell back into the couch. "Come sit with me." I patted the empty space next to me. Aven obliged and fell back too, like me. My vision soon started getting blurry, I needed to be occupied so it won't be so blurred. I rested an arm around Aven and leaned into him, my head resting on his chest and my legs facing the opposite direction.

I could hear him smiling to himself as I tightened my grip and wrapped my arms around his neck. My eyes soon began to feel heavy and weary. My vision blurred up, I could only see the colors of the white fairy lights stringed against the wall. "What are you doing?" asked Aven in a serious tone, it was like he was sobered up, but he still had a hint of drunkness in his voice. "Just stay with me. Don't go." I whispered the last words to myself as I closed my eyes and they never fluttered back open.

~

"I didn't even know she was on me! We were drunk!" I heard a male voice shout. "OF COURSE YOU KNEW! YOU JUST WANTED TO BED HER AND YOU DID IT BY HAVING HER DRINK! SHE IS UNDERAGE, YOU KNOW!" A voice I recognized as Amari yell. I heard a frustrated sigh and then it was dead silence before Amari broke it, "Well? Aren't you going to say anything?" she asked angrily. The husky male voice spoke again, "Just take her home." 

"I don't want you to see her anymore. She's my sister and I'm supposed to protect her. You're not helping me here." Amari said quietly, but she still had that angry hiss added to it. I heard footsteps then someone tapped lightly on my shoulder, "Bailey, wake up. We're leaving this hell hole." she said, I could smell her Clive Christian perfume. I opened my eyes and  looked at her, the green orbs in her eyes were glowing, like always. 

"Where we going?" I asked with an innocent tone in my voice. "Home." she answered, a weak smile formed on her lips, but then it soon faded away like a bird flying away from you. She carefully picked me up, but couldn't, she grunted and I fell back onto the couch. "I could help you." said the same husky voice. Amari shrugged and muttered a response, "Don't start anything with her. Touch her anywhere inappropriately and I'll hurt you." hissed Amari.

My stomach soon started to turn horribly so I closed my eyes and waited for it pass, but it was taking forever. Someone placed their hands underneath me and lifted me up. My eyes still closed, I wrapped my arms around their neck for safety. My stomach felt like knots were slowly tightening, I clutched it, must've been the side effects of all the alcohol I consumed the night before. 

 Not long before, my eyes curiously opened. I looked at who was carrying me, it was Aven. He noticed me staring at him, but he avoided my gaze once he took that one glance at me. He probably decided that not being able to see me anymore was a good idea. I tugged slightly at the sleeve of his shirt, he pulled away and huffed. I stopped almost instantly and he finally haulted at my door. Amari unlocked it and pushed it open. "Set her on the couch." she said, pointing at it.

Aven obliged and stopped at the door. "You can leave now." Amari said rudely. Aven shut the door, I could hear the thud of his footsteps, I started to feel guilty. Amari sighed and sat down at the table, she rubbed her temples and closed her eyes for a brief momet. "What happened?" I croaked, "You wouldn't understand." she said, putting her hands down. 

"What do you mean?" I asked her. "I know more than you think. You think he's attractive and if I try to tell you, you just wouldn't get what I would be explaining to you." Amari said as she slowly stood up and drifted away to her bedroom door. Before I could say anything else, Amari disappeared behind the door and shut it softly, but firmly. 

I shook my head.

Why would she think I wouldn't understand? It's not like I'm in love with the guy.

Or at least, I don't think I am.

Author's Note - Hey guys :) I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO! This is probaby going to be a really short chapter, but hey, at least it's something! I'll start writing more chapters tonight and I promise I'll get back on my writing/updating schedule again! Okay, bye guys! --- ImParadise ♥