ღ Chapter 4 ღ

Hai c: it's me, the author of this magical story. I would just like to take this time out of your day to thank you for reading this story! Though it may not be a whole lot of you, I really really appreciate it and you guys are truly and slowly making this wild dream of mine come true each minute by taking time to vote and comment. Sorry if this was a bit cheesy, but just know that I love you if you read this story of mine! Ciao my lovely folks and have a great day ♥ --- ImParadise                    

                 "If you already found a guy, I'll be so happy for you!" said my sister, she just got done cooking and we were both seated at the small dining table eating. I shrugged, "Will you still be happy if I told you the complete opposite?" Amari placed the rim of the glass she was drinking from to her lips, "Either way, I'm here for you." she replied when she put her drink down. "I don't know what to do." I said, covering my face with my bare hands.

"Do what you always do, don't think about other guys." she told me, eating her chicken. "Well that's kinda hard to do when you can't stop thinking about one." I muttered, cutting my meat into tiny pieces. Amari put her fork down and stared at me, "Are you saying...?" she trailed off, I already knew what she was trying to ask me...if I like a guy at the moment. I nodded, "I don't know." Amari looked back down at her plate, "Do you talk to him?" 

"He's just a customer at the record store I work at, it's not like we're going to become best friends magically or instantly." I said. "How many times have you seen him go into your store?" she asked me. "2 times." I answered quickly, I desperately wanted to change the subject. "What for?" she asked again. "To buy records, what else for?" I dumbly said, finishing up my meal and putting it away in the sink. 

 "I'm just asking, I mean, you never know how he feels." 

I started laughing, "Are you kidding me? It's not like we're going to be together...ever.."

Amari shook her head, "You never know unless you try." she weakly smiled and placed her dish in the sink along with mine and walked to her bedroom. I sighed and went to mine.

Wow, she's crazy. It's not like Aven and I are going to hook up or anything, that's just crazy talk.

I sat down on my messy bed. I laid back and closed my eyes, trying to think of what I needed to do right now. I fluttered them back open and eyed the box full of cameras resting in the corner. I realized that I needed to do my assignment. I quickly scrambled off the bed and grabbed the cardboard box, digging wildly. I pulled out a Nikon S3 and played with it before I rose it up to my hazel-colored eye and clicking the snapshot button, a white flash appeared in front of me.

The photograph saved instantly and I waved the camera around, trying to figure out what to take a picture of. I exited my room and went off to the balcony where I took more pictures. That's when I heard a sudden thud coming from the top, but I didn't think nothing of it. "You taking photos of me again?" asked a deep husky voice. I jumped, shaken up. "Who are you?" I asked, turning around and seeing that Aven was standing in front of me, grinning from ear to ear.

Immediately, I got embarrassed, my cheeks turned a bright shade of red and I was chuckling nervously, "Um. So...how long have you been up there?" I questioned, looking around to see if Amari was somehow staring at us and eavesdropping on our conversation. "Long enough to know you were taking photographs." he eyed the camera in my hand and looked back at me with a smirk, "Same camera you used to take pictures of me? Looks vintage." 

I groaned, "Can you just let that go, please?" Aven shrugged, "I don't know. But, what type of camera do you have?" he stared back at it again. "A Nikon S3...why?" 

Aven shook his head, "Just wondering. I have the exact same one as you." I smiled, "Are you interested in photography?" Aven nodded, "I guess you can say I am. I take classes for it." I beamed, "Really? I do too! Do you plan on being a photographer?" I asked. He slumped his shoulders up and down again, "Not really a career choice for me, but I'd be willing to do it." he told me. 

 "I'm the same way too. Being a photographer isn't my main focus in life, I would consider it, but for now, I want to be something else." I looked down at my lace sundress and traced the outline of it. "What do you want to be then?" he asked. I shrugged, "I don't really know. I'm trying to find what I was born to do." I looked back up and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"I hope you find it." he grinned and stepped back out onto the ladder. I waved goodbye and rose the camera up to my eye again, "Say cheese." Aven playfully stuck his tongue out when I took the photo, "Farewell, photo girl." he smirked, before climbing back down, I could almost hear his footsteps lightly fading away. I sighed and sunk down lower on the ground, camera in hand.

Then I must've closed my eyes and fell peacefully asleep because the next I knew, I was snuggled comfortably on the concrete of my balcony, in the time of the misty dusk. 

~

 Nearly an hour later, I awokened by the sound of the rustling leaves stirring around on the ground below me. I opened my hazy eyes and scanned my surroundings, it was dark outside. I stood up, dusted the dirt off of my bottoms and slipped the sliding door open. I glanced at the time, it was about to be 3. "Oh god." I gasped quietly, being extra careful to not to wake Amari up. I tiptoed to my bedroom where it was freezing. 

I grabbed a thin soft blanket off my chair and wrapped it around my shoulders. I threw myself down on the bed and closed my eyes, the moment I did that, I instanty felt more sleepier and much more relaxed than before. In time, I fell back to a deep and cozy slumber. 

"Ugh, wake up lazy!" groaned Amari. I suddenly felt a pillow being thrown at me, I forced my eyes open and whipped the covers off of me. "What the hell?" I asked angrily. Amari started chuckling, "God, you wouldn't wake up. I had to throw about 5 pillows on you before you started to toss and turn like crazy." she calmed down a bit and laid an outfit by my side. "Wear this and you'll be set for the day." she said. I examined the outfit, dark skinny jeans, a black lace shirt with a black undershirt to go underneath it and a cardigan to go over it. 

"Thanks...I guess." I sighed and stumbled out of bed where I almost tripped on a lonesome pillow, "Take your damn pillow." I laughed. Amari grinned, "Fine then. Oh yeah, I just remembered. Make sure to attend your photography classes today. Your professor wants to view those snapshots you taken!" she exited the room. She always has to remind me about the classes I take at the local college near the apartment building we reside in. 

I quickly got dressed and grabbed my purse hanging by the door. "Bye sis!" I called out when I opened the door. "Bye!" she yelled back. I closed the door, locked it, and walked down the steps towards the parking lot where my car was resting at. I made it down there and slid in the driver seat. I started the car and backed out of the parking space.

Another day. I thought.