Sweethearts (1-9)

PART ONE

"Pass these papers out for me." Mrs. Robinson sat a stack of papers on the tiny girl's desk who always sat in the back of class to go unnoticed. Especially unnoticed from the jocks and the cheerleaders in her class.

She took the stack of papers from her desk and proceeded to pass them out.

The small girl pushed her glasses up on her face and looked at the name on paper.

Drake. The girl braced herself and walked over to his desk. He took the paper and when she turned to walk away he smacked her ass.

"Hey! Don't touch me. That's inappropriate and sexual harassment."

"Well just read me the whole student handbook...I mean since you know everything."

The girl just stared at him.

"I'll have you know that I actually do know the student handbook cover to cover and maybe if you were able to read, you would've known that for yourself."

She turned to walk again and one of the cheerleaders stuck their foot out and tripped her.

"What is your problem?!" she yelled at Rihanna.

"I'd advise you to not yell at me. You're at the bottom of the food chain as it is."

"Rihanna step into the hall now!" Mrs. Robinson pointed towards the door. "Nicki I apologize dear. You may sit down. I'll take care of the rest."

Nicki sat at her desk with her head down resting on her arms and the tears flowed. No matter what she did, no one liked her. She had tried so many times to fit in and she couldn't she was too different to even remotely try to fit in with the others.

She reached in her backpack and opened her personal journal. She flipped to the back and removed the page with Drake's name written all over it adorned in hearts. She was done crushing on him because he was the most rude individual she had met in her life.

She heard the jocks laughing loudly as heavy footsteps came closer and closer. She wanted so badly to look up but she didn't.

Even though she had torn his name from her notebook, it wasn't that easy for her to get rid of her crush on her.

"Shut up." she heard a deep voice say, and even though she wasn't looking up, she sensed that the seat had been taken in from of her. He was sitting backwards in the seat facing her.

"Nicki?" he said her name as if he wasn't sure if it was her name or not.

She didn't answer.

"Hey, for what it's worth, I apologize."

She looked up and quickly wiped the tears from her cheeks.

He immediately felt bad. He ignored his friends clowning him for talking to her and apologized again.

"Thank you, it means a lot to me that you'd do something like this."

"Well I'm glad it does." he smiled genuinely and she did too.

Feeling that he had spent enough time talking to her he simply stood and walked away. Even though the way it had happened was horrible, Nicki was extremely happy that Drake had talked to her.

The bell rang for her to go to her next class and she immediately stood to leave.

Mrs. Robinson was still talking to Rihanna and when Nicki walked out of the classroom Rihanna rolled her eyes at her and gave her a look that meant that she wasn't through with her. Nicki dreaded her next class. Especially since she had it with Rihanna and Rihanna's friends.