Bad (2)

Nicki sat in her room crying her eyes out, ignoring text messages and phone calls. When she left Drake's home, it was no different than any other time she had left. At least so she thought.

Nicki had on one of Drake's sweaters with her knees pulled to her chest, trying to figure out exactly what was going on; and the fact that she didn't know, scared her.

For the first time in her life, it felt so good not to be in control, literally and figuratively. Relationships brought about a sense of uncertainty. She had always been so secure in herself by having no-strings-attached relationships with people and now, that wasn't the case. To her, relationships meant stepping outside of a routine and being careless with her heart. She couldn't have that because she wasn't used to it. Not only that but she was so afraid that she'd break his heart. Little did she know, it was too late she had already accomplished that.

So, Nicki sat and waited for his phone call, while trying to figure out her feelings. Hours turned into days, days into weeks and weeks into months. His phone call never came.

Drake would scroll past her name every so often in his contacts, he'd stop and stare at it before continuing to search for the name he'd been in his phone looking for in the first place. Sometimes, he would click it and get ready to hit the green button to call her but stop himself and turn off his phone so he wouldn't get the urge to do it again.

~

"What's up Nic?" Kevin greeted as Nicki finally answered his phone call.

"Nothing much. You know I've been screening your calls and you insist on bugging me." Nicki playfully rolled her eyes as she looked through her refrigerator.

"I know, you a lil bit shady. But why don't you put on something nice and let me come pick you up?"

Nicki sighed and rested her weight on one foot, "For what?"

"You know...chill." Kevin answered and licked his lips.

"Are you gonna feed me first?" Nicki asked and closed the door to her refrigerator after realizing there was nothing in there to eat.

"Hell yeah, as long as you treating me in return." He said smoothly. Nicki pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at it. Is this nigga serious?!

"You know what Kevin, I just remembered, I'm supposed to be going somewhere with Cassie, so I can't. I'll uh...call you another time."

Kevin chuckled. "You ain't gotta lie to kick it. You mad 'cause of what I said. You act like fuckin' for a meal ain't what you do on a daily." He said just to spite her. "Your funky ass attitude the reason why nobody don't wanna wife your ass. You don't have to worry about calling me back." Kevin hung up the phone and Nicki stood there in shock. The sad part about what he said was, it was basically true. All of it. She didn't have a job or a career. She hadn't been back to school after graduating high school and she refused to flip burgers for a living. The only other way for her to provide for herself was to rely on her suitors and since she had been ignoring them all, she knew she had to step her game up before the first of next month or she'd be out on her ass with an eviction notice on her door.

Not even hungry anymore, Nicki left out of her kitchen and headed up to her room to take a shower. She just had this dirty feeling about herself and she didn't know any other way to solve it other than taking a shower.

After turning on her shower, Nicki stood in front of her mirror naked, and stared at her reflection. She recognize herself.

Closing her eyes, she let her fingers touch the places Drake's lips hand touched her.