Free Spirit (2)

"Aubrey I feel disrespected, I don't feel loved, I feel like you're playing with my heart and I've never in my thirty years EVER let a man manipulate me and make a fool of me by insulting my intelligence but I love you so much that I just overlook it. I feel stupid for falling in love with you. For believing everything you told me. And the worst part is I still love you. I still want to be here with you and you just find your way back into my heart, back into my system like you're some drug that I relapse on." Tears rolled down her red face. "Most of all, I hate how I cry in front of you. I feel weak around you and I don't like it because you take advantage of me like I'm the stupidest person in this world. You test me over and over again and I don't think I can do it anymore."

"Nika," he took her face into his hands and she pushed him away.

"No Aubrey. No. I tried to move on and I can't but I'm not gonna let you make a fool of me again."

"Onika just listen to me. I know I fucked up. I regret it every day that you're not here with me...that you're not in Toronto with me. That I don't get to wake up and make you breakfast. I love you. I promise I love you with everything in me and that scares me. Baby I'm sorry okay. I promise I'm so sorry that I keep hurting you and during these months apart, I worked on that. I got it out of my system and I'm ready. Will you give me one more chance?"

"You don't mean that. You're lying...you just want me back so you can have your cake and your ice cream. I'm just a trophy to you." Her tears never stopped and he was shocked because he never knew she felt this way. She always kept it all inside so this was new to him. Nicki finally sat down because she had a headache that fast.

"Onika you mean more to me than anything in this world. Don't give up on us now. I hurt you and I would do anything, pay anything, give anything to take it back but I can't and it's killing me inside. I didn't know I was hurting you but I should have. If I could take it back, don't you think I would? We don't even have to talk about it until you're ready to, just don't go. Don't walk away even though I deserve it." He was on his knees, hugging her waist with his head on her lap.

Courtne went upstairs with a glass in her hand and put it to the door. "What are they saying?" 40 asked her from down the hall.

"Shh! I'm trying to listen. I'm just waitin for Nicki to say something." She whispered loud enough for him to hear.

After a few seconds of deafening silence, she finally spoke. "I want to but are you sure Aubrey because if I end up leaving you, I'm not coming back." She said quietly and he knew she was serious.

"I'm positive Onika." He looked up at her.

"Aubrey I swear I'm serious. You do what you have to do to make your money but you can't be going out every night, fucking with these hoes anymore. I'm not having it. I might catch a case behind you." She smiled and ran her hand over his waves.

"They made up!" Courtne squealed and jumped in his arms. "Maybe we can finally tell them about us." They had kept it a secret because they thought that with Nicki and Drake being broken up, they wouldn't be too happy about them being together.

"Let's see how they do for a week then we can tell them." 40 said before kissing her.

"Tell us what?" Nicki stood with her arms crossed over her chest. Courtne and 40 hadn't even noticed that they were done talking.

Courtne hopped off of 40 and fixed her skirt. "That ummm," Courtne tried to come up with an excuse and Nicki laughed.

"Don't even. Y'all are cute." She shrugged and pulled Drake behind her as she continued on back to the kitchen. Drake just shook his head with a smirk. He'd been suspicious of them for a while now.