Save Me

Nicki sat in the studio, tapping her pencil against the edge of her pink notebook, thinking of lyrics that wouldn't give away too much of her feelings, things she was harboring inside.

She read her words she had written already:

I drove for miles just to find you and find myself,
all these screams, all these voices in my head.
You gave me strength, gave me hope for a lifetime.
I never was satisfied.

This time won't you save me.
Baby I can feel myself giving up,
giving up.
This time won't you save me.
Baby I can feel myself giving up.
Giving up, giving up.

She tore the paper from her notebook which was something she vowed to never do. So far she had kept ever word she had ever written at any stage in her career but this one was just so personal. She couldn't do it.

She had been going through so much lately. Her career was stressing her, everybody around her wanted something from her and all she wanted to do was crawl into her bed and never come out.

There was only one person who made all of her stress go away even though he didn't know it, and she hadn't heard from him in months.

He made everything around her okay. He made everything worth living for. He loved her despite how much she denied him. He loved her when she was all dolled up, but adored her when she was just in sweats and an old tee with her hair in a bun and her face free of make-up, he loved her when she was a bitch to him, and when she constantly told him that they could never be together. He had even told her that he'd wait for her. However long it would take, even if it took forever because he'd rather wait for her for forever than to continue on with his life like he didn't love her.

He knew Nicki Minaj, but he also knew Onika. He loved her for her. He loved her cartoon-like personality, and he loved when the facade was away and she was just Onika, the girl from Queens New York with the attitude that gave him such a hard time. He loved every inch of her five foot, two inches body and he never ceased to amaze her.

In denial of her her feelings for him, she balled the paper and threw it, it landed on the side of the waste basket. Too tired to go pick it up, she left it there.

Nicki looked up at the door as it opened. She had expected it to be Safaree who had gone to check on his little sister and mother before going to get their lunch, but it was Drake.

"Hi." He said softly, seeing the stress etched across her face. He had read her emotions in less than two seconds.

"Hi...how did you know I was here?" She asked him.

"Because I saw your name on the sign-in sheet. What's wrong?" he asked as he picked the paper up.

Please don't read it, please don't read it. Nicki prayed inside of her head. Just as he was about to open it and read it, she asked him could he hand it to her because she hadn't meant to throw it away, and then she answered his question.

"I'm just so stressed. I don't know. It's like everyone is demanding something of me, and I can't please anybody. I'm tired. I just need a break."

He sat down on the couch next to her and pulled her into his arms and kissed her forehead.

"Most of all, I missed you Aubrey." she whispered, thinking he hadn't heard her but he had.

"You missed me?" he asked her.

He eyes got wide, "I-I um..."

"Shhh. It's okay. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

"But..." Nicki sighed. "What happened Aubrey? Is this really what I wanted? I can't catch a break. It's so much going on right now that I can't just sit and focus on one thing, and this stupid song. I can't write it! I'm a mess!" She was so frustrated and tired. She rubbed her temples trying to relieve the throbbing of her brain.

He took the paper from her hands. Oops.

"I like it, maybe it would be easier if it wasn't just a song to you. If you meant it."

"I do mean it, it's just that it could mean more if I..." her voice trailed off.

She wasn't ready to tell him that she had been writing that for him.

"If you what?" he asked intrigued.

She decided to be honest, "If I was honest with myself for once and reached out to him."

"Who Onika?"

"You Aubrey...I was writing that for you."

"You were?"

"Yes." she propped her arms on her lap and placed her face in her hands, slightly embarrassed.

A million questions raced through his mind, but he decided against asking them given her current state.

"I love you Aubrey. I love you so much. You're the only one who can take my stress away and make me feel better. I don't know why I'm just telling you this, and I feel so bad because you have been telling me that you loved me for years now and I'm just now saying this and I had been feeling this way all along. I'm sorry." She apologized.

He looked at her shocked and then took her into his strong arms. "You want me to save you?"

"Please?" she looked up at him.

"I will do anything for you, and I love you too." he kissed her lips for the first time, and through the sweet electricity that ran through her body, Nicki knew that everything would finally be okay.

Comment please.