Bad (1)

Drake rolled over and stretched his arm out to the other side of his bed. When he felt nothing but the silk sheets, he opened his eyes and turned his head to the left. She wasn't there. Oh, last night must've been another dream.

Every time he looked over at that side of his bed, he thought of Nicki. He did not know how or when he fell in love with her but it had happened. And after their first night together, the dreams started and she became an infatuation of his. He didn't know what it was about her but he craved her attention, her company, her love.

He ran his hand over his face and laid there. I have to see her tonight. At that thought, Drake got out of his bed and headed to shower. It was around eight in the evening and it was Friday so he knew she'd be out.

Nicki.

She was his habit he'd picked up a couple of years ago and no matter how much he tried to get through to her, she would 'stay the night' with him but he'd always wake up alone with a note on his nightstand written in her red lipstick. Still, that didn't stop him from calling her the next morning and asking her where she was, even though he knew.

Drake lathered his sponge as he stood under the steamy water and reminisced on the night he met her.

'Damn,' was the only thought that went through Drake's mind when he walked into King of Diamonds. Any man in their right mind would have attention on the scantily clad strippers in the dark building but his focus zeroed in on Nicki who was dancing against a woman who Drake at the time, did not know was her best friend.

Nicki and Cassie were inseparable, basically joined at the hip until it came to them leaving with guys.

In no way was Nicki a whore, maybe just a little promiscuous.

Drake on the other hand, could have his pick of women in the entire world...everywhere he went but that didn't appeal to him after he saw her face. She hadn't even been paying attention to him, she just happened to look over at him and when she made eye contact, she knew then that she would end up breaking his heart.

It didn't take long for him to eventually make his way over to her and invite her and her best friend into their VIP section.

"No thanks." Nicki grabbed the bottle of alcohol out of his hand and poured some into her own glass.

"Why not?" Drake asked, not being use to rejection.

"Because you're too nice." Nicki smiled and Drake locked eyes with her.

"Dance with me and let me convince you otherwise." Drake gently took her small wrist and inched her away from her friend.

"I guess I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself." Nicki let him escort him to the dance floor and that night, was the same night he fell in love with her.

After his shower, Drake stepped out and wrapped a towel around his waist after turning the water off. He grabbed a smaller one and ran it through his wet curls before walking into his room. He grabbed his phone off of the nightstand and scrolled through his Favorites. He clicked Nicki's name and placed the phone to his ear, letting it ring.

"Hello?" Nicki picked up on the third ring. She had been standing in her closet, looking for something to wear.

"Can you come over tonight?" Nicki heard Drake's voice on the other line. "I miss you."

"Yeah. Of course." She agreed but completely ignored his second sentence. "Are you going out?"

"Yeah, we're going to Liv tonight, you and your friend coming through?" Drake walked over to his own closet and began picking out something to wear.