The Need To Know

Tryna keep it low. Keep 'em on that need to know. Tell everybody that we're just friends, but to be honest that platonic shit's for TV shows.

"Drake and I? No...I'm-I was-engaged to this amazing guy. I just wanted him [Drake] in the video. He's like my brother." Nicki said to the interviewer even though she was lying through her teeth. Yeah, her love life was in shambles but Drake was the furthest thing from her brother.

"Oh so the wedding's back on then?" The woman asked and Nicki shrugged and took a deep breath before answering.

"No, it's not back on. I haven't spoken to him actually but you know how that goes."

"Well, no, I don't, that's why I'm asking you." The woman looked at her and Nicki sighed.

"My love life did influence my best album yet but it's not me, it's not what makes me an artist so next question please?" Nicki giggled. "I mean, your initial question was about Drake anyway and I've said for years, he's my little brother and we're just comfortable with each other that way."

"Hmm. Well the video was shot and some people just can't get over the shock and understand why you two, the prince and princess of hip-hop who are well on their way to taking over the thrones, are not together. It's everyone's dream honestly." The interviewer pushed and Nicki laughed and was about to answer hut she cut her off. "I mean look at that!" She pointed to the screen behind them. "Do we dance on our brothers and talk about his situation downstairs or is that just Drake and Nicki?" The lady laughed as they watched Nicki talk about how happy Drake was to get the best lap dance in history.

That day, after the video shoot was actually the day they made what they had 'more'. They didn't talk about details, they didn't put a label on it but they knew what they had was special and for them only. Drake knew she wasn't ready for another relationship but he would give her all she could take from him and when it was over, they'd become more or he'd move on because at least he got a chance to try.

Same place, we're with different folks. Case closed if they crack the code. Is it me, or is you cold? Cause the feelings you ain't showin' pokin' out your clothes.

Drake watched Nicki as she crossed the VIP section and sat down with her friends. He didn't know how in the absolute hell they ended up in the same club but he was happy they did.

It was hard for him to focus because he was supposed to be hosting but her white midriff top and jeans had his eyes trained on her instead of the crowd down below him. Her friends were with her too. He was happy to see her having fun but disappointed they were there. He knew it would be hard to get her alone, even if only for a second.

God damn. Drake licked his lips as he leaned to the side to get a good view of her ass. Her entourage was surrounding her so it was hard for him to see her as they walked past him but he was determined to see her. The only thing he loved about her having her back to him was the view of her ass. Even if she was mad and cussing him out about something as she walked away.

Regardless, he went on with his hosting until he got five minutes to himself. He handed the microphone to his DJ and headed over to the bathroom. Though her face had been passive, he knew she had seen him. He knew. So, he was expecting her to follow him and she did a minute or so later after telling her girls that she would be fine in the bathroom alone.

Go put a sweater on or get a room. Forbidden fruit, swim in your juice. Lot of ways I can get to you. But my train of thought is tryna get you out your ch-ch-choo.

Nicki walked right into the family/handicapped bathroom and locked the door. "What do you want?" she turned around to face Drake and he smiled as he took a step towards her.