Butterflyz (1)

"This is so nasty!" Cassie said as she picked up the trash.

"I don't know why we have to do this." Amber complained.

"Because. I'm the mayor's daughter and Cassie your father is the city council and Amber your daddy is the most well known lawyer in the five boroughs. People expect us to give back to our community. Even in the poorer parts."

"But the men are staring at us like we're something to eat." Cassie commented about the men shooting hoops at basketball goals not too far from them.

"And I'm getting polluted air all over my LV duffel." their friend Shanell frowned. She had just arrived and immediately jumped in the conversation. Her father was the senate.

All of the girls laughed.

"Aw Shanell. It's okay babe. We all know you aren't the smartest crayon in the box." Amber hugged her.

"That's why you're blonde. It's the brightest crayon in the box." Nicki corrected her and the girls giggled.

"Group hug!" the girls squealed and hugged.

They continued picking up trash along the park in the rundown Queens neighborhood.

"Ew!" Shanell screamed as she stepped in dog shit.

"I told you to wear something reasonable. No one told you to wear Jimmy Choo's to community service." Nicki folded her arms.

"C'mon." Amber helped her walk to a nearby bench.

"I am NOT sitting on that." Shanell looked at the bench that had dried pigeon stains on it.

"Even though I was using it to keep from getting darker, here." Cassie removed the satin Chanel scarf from around her head and spread it on the bench.

"You're such a good friend." Shanell said sincerely and sat down.

"I know." Cassie smiled.

"I'll go get this off." Nicki took Shanell's shoe and went to the water fountain which of course didn't work.

"There's a hose." Amber pointed to the hose on the side of the rundown project building across the street.

"You don't think those guys will rob us do you?" Amber asked of the men sitting a few stoops down from the hose they were about to use.

"It was your idea so come on. If we don't bother them, they won't bother us."

The two girls walked across the street and used the hose.

"Hey! Who told you to use my hose?! Shit ain't free." A middle-aged man asked, well rather yelled.

"Pops leave 'em alone." A boy slightly older than the two girls hopped off of an all black Yamaha.

"Yeah alright." Dennis went back in the house and seconds later the water pressure became too much for the hose and ended up soaking Nicki.

She screamed and Drake ran in his apartment.

"Was that necessary?!" He yelled at his father before grabbing a towel and racing back outside. He had luckily stopped by his dad's apartment to take him some money for his rent and bills when he saw his father yelling at the girls. Drake ran errands for his cousin Safaree and he paid him a pretty hefty sum of money every time.

He managed to turn the water off without getting wet and gave Nicki the towel and removed his white t-shirt and handed it to Nicki.

"My father will hear about this. Onika! Are you really going to put that on?! It's not clean." Amber stamped her foot angrily.

"I take it that your father holds a position of power?" Drake asked her.

"Why yes he does."

"Then maybe he'll fix up the place instead of filing a lawsuit of harassment against a water hose that had too much pressure."

"Whatever." Amber grumbled and watched as Nicki pulled the dry shirt over her head and pulled her wet one off under the shirt.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. It may be a little too big, but I can dry your shirt if you want." he smiled.

Nicki looked into his honey colored eyes and was immediately drawn into them.

"No. It's fine really. My maid Terra will do it later. It has to go to the dry cleaners."

"Maid? Who are your parents?"

"The mayor. Her dad is Mr. Ventura."

"What?! You're the mayor's daughter?" he asked Nicki.

"Yes." Nicki nodded her head.

"What are you doing around these parts? It's not safe here for you."

"Our bodyguards are circling the blocks."

"Nic can we go? I'm tired of standing here."

"Yeah. Nice meeting you." Nicki waved at the young man whose name she did not know.

The girls finished their community service and then went back to Nicki's.

After taking turns showering in Nicki's bathroom, they put on their face masks and turned on their favorite movie.

"I think that community service went really well." Cassie commented and Shanell have her a glare.

"I don't think it did. Not in the least." Shanell rolled her eyes.

"I cleaned shit off of your shoe." Nicki rolled her eyes.

Cassie gasped. "Nicki we must have pretty lips." she then turned to Shanell. "And if you had been wise like us and worn your Gucci sneakers, we wouldn't be having this conversation. I lost a very beautiful valuable from my Chanel collection all in the name of best friends." Cassie playfully sniffled.

"I'll buy you another when we shop tomorrow."

"Fine."

The girls finished The Devil Wear's Prada and then Nicki went to wash her face and afterwards she said her prayers and fell asleep.

All Nicki dreamt about were those hazel eyes and the smell of his black t-shirt as she slept. She wanted to at least say thanks to him but she doubted she'd ever see him again.

A few weeks later and Nicki still was dreaming about him after their short encounter. Nicki woke up and did her morning jog and showered before going downstairs. Of course he father was at work and her mother was on her way to a social event that didn't really need her attendance.

"Terra it's just gonna be us girls here and we're going to be sleeping and lounging all day so you can leave if you want to." Nicki said to the twenty-one year old maid.

She acted like she couldn't speak English around Nicki's parents but seventeen year old Nicki knew better. Terra was a good friend of Nicki's and hugged her. She lived over in Brooklyn and had a one year old son who stayed with her sister during her work hours.

"Good, I can go to this party."

"What party?"

"Tattoo party, but it's kinda like a regular party except people getting tatted up."

"Tatted?" Onika asked confused. She had been taught to use proper English since she left the womb.

"It means getting a tattoo girl." the Spanish young lady laughed.

"Oh. I want to go."

"It's not exactly the kind of party you're used to."

"Is it like the social parties on movies?"

"No...more like the parties on that TV show College Hill."

"Seriously?! I haven't watched that show in a while but those parties were always wild."

"Yeah, so it wouldn't be good having the mayor's daughter in attendance. Plus, you can't even get away from your friends for a good couple of hours."

"We did community service there almost three weeks ago. No one even recognized us. And plus, they can come too."

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"C'mon. It'll be fun."

"Fine. Meet me at the mall at seven so we can find something to wear and we can go to my place and get dressed but you can't stay the night there. Make sure you have a good alibi."

"I will. Thanks." Nicki hugged her just before she left.