Girl Meets Telling

Shawn's POV
"Mom, Dad I need to tell you something," Riley said to Cory and Topanga.
"Riley, this better be important. I'm a little busy talking to my Shawn." Cory said to her.
"You know what, it can wait," she said.
"I'm going to Maya's!" She called out. Then I realized Maya wasn't at home. Where was she going?
"Cor I'll be right back," I said and followed Riley out the door. It turns out she wasn't going upstairs to my apartment, but next door to Mr. Feeny's. Everyone knows to only go to Mr. Feeny when you have a problem. What was her problem? Mr. Feeny let her in and closed the door. I had to figure out what was going on. The way I saw it, I had two options. One, which I call the no fun way, I could knock and join the conversation. Or two, I could press my ear to the door and eavesdrop. If it had been almost anybody other than Riley I would have chose to eavesdrop, but this was Riley so for the first time in my life I did something the no fun way.
I knocked on the door.
"Yes Mr. Hunter?" Feeny said to me when he opened the door. I didn't wait to be invited I just walked in.
"Riley, I saw you come in here. What's the problem. What were you about to tell your parents a few minutes ago?" I asked her sitting down next to her on the couch.
"It's a bit of a long story," she sad to me.
"How about you start at the beginning?" Mr. Feeny suggested. Riley looked at Mr. Feeny, then to me, then back to Mr. Feeny before settling on telling her next words to the suddenly very intriguing carpet pattern. Whatever this was, I knew it was bad.

"It started on the vacation Lucas and I took." she said. And with those words she broke down into tears.

"Miss Matthews, whatever it is I promise you we can make it okay." Feeny assured her as I put an arm around her.

"Riles, please tell us." I begged her.

"I can't. You'll get mad or call me stupid or worse." She cried.

"I would never call you stupid or anything worse." I told her.

"I'm embarrassed," she confessed. At this point I think I figured out what she wasn't telling me. I was just about to tell her I figured it out when she blurted it out, barely audible. if I hadn't seen her lips move I wouldn't have heard it.

"I'm pregnant."

For once even Feeny seemed at a loss for words. This was't something anyone expected from Riley. If anything, it's something I always thought was more a Maya thing. Not that I ever want to hear Maya say those words for a long time. I didn't want to hear them come out of Riley's mouth, either.

"I'm not going to yell at you. I'm going to let your father do that. Or your mother. I really have no clue which one is going to be the mad parent this time they switch that up so much." I said calmly.

"Feenay! Fe he he he nay! fe huh huh huh huh henay! Feeneey!" I heard Eric call. I would say heard someone call but there was no doubt in anybody's mind that that was Eric.

"Oh dear. You two should go back next door anyway. Good luck, Miss Matthews." He said. We opened the door and as Riley and I left I heard Feeny say to Eric,

"You are not calling a duck!"

Riley' POV

"I'm sorry for being so stupid," I said to my parents before even mentioning the other thing. They looked very confused.

"You're sorry for being stupid for what Riley? What could you have possibly done?" My mother asked me. I sighed. She was going to be really disappointed. But I knew she would get over it, she loved me and lucas together. I was worried about my dad.

"I'm sorry for being so stupid and getting pregnant." I whispered to the floor. What was it with me and telling the floors my secrets lately?

"Riley? Please look at me. I'm not going to yell. As long as it's Lucas's and not some random guy's, I'm not mad. A little disappointed, yes, but I'm not mad and I still love you." My mom said giving me a hug. I looked over to my dad. He hasn't moved. He hasn't blinked. I'm not sure he has even breathed.

"Shawn, conference please," He said pulling shawn closer and whispering. They whispered back and forth for several long, long moments before my dad turned back to me.

"Riley. I AM VERY MAD! LUCAS! WHY THE COWBOY! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!" My dad shouted. I started to cry. Shawn grabbed my dad and put a hand over his mouth.

"My dear, sweet Cory, this is not what we discussed." Shawn said.

"I need to take a walk," My dad said and then he stormed out.

"I'm going to go with him." Shawn said pointing at the door. As soon as they left, Uncle Eric ran in followed by Mr. Feeny.

"Hi niche! Hi Topanga! Hi Auggie!" Uncle Eric said while Feeny just put his palm to his face.

"You're all looking at me like I missed something." Uncle Eric said.

"Uncle Eric! Let's go roller skating!" Ague shouted dragging Uncle Eric out the door.

"Yeah! Let's go! Bye everyone!" Uncle Eric said on his way out.

"I don't know what to do with him. I just don't." said Mr. Ferny

"So, mom." I said suddenly finding it was only her, Mr. Feeny, and I left.

"Riley can you please call Lucas over? I would like to speak to him. And Maya, you can stop hiding behind the plant now, I've seen you the whole time." My mom said directing the last part to my not so cleverly hiding best friend.

"You're slipping, Topanga. Lucas is already behind the other plant." Maya pointed out as they both stepped out.

"Where's the last one?" My mom asked just as Farkle dropped down from his hiding place on the ceiling. Don't ask me, because I really don't know.