Girl Meets Hallway

Maya's POV
"Hey Ranger Rick," I said when Lucas was the last to arrive at Riley's apartment before school. It was our first day as sophomores and I can't believe Mr. Matthews is still our teacher. It's been what? 4 years now? I'm not even sure what subject he teaches anymore, I don't think even he knows. He just alters the lesson to whatever is even going on with me and Riles and Farkle and Ranger Rick. Do the rest of the students even show up anymore?
"Lucas hello," Riley said with a purr in her voice. She swore this was the year she was going to grow up and become a "mature woman for Lucas"
"Hey Riles hey Maya. Farkle! Come here guys I missed you while I was in Texas!" He shouted pulling us into a group hug.
"How was Texas?" Farkle asked him
"It was great I saw some old friends but they don't even compare to you guys," he told us. The front door opened and a certain hunky Matthews walked in.
"Uncle Josh!" Riley and Auggie shouted.
"Yo guys! Sup Lucas great to see you Farkle!" Then he looked at me.
"Your getting more gorgeous every time I see you, Maya. Are you sure you don't have a boyfriend yet?" He asked me. My legs turned to jello when he called me gorgeous, but if Riley was growing up then I had to too. I regained my balance, took a deep breath, and answered him.
"No Josh I do not."
"Oh what a shame. Don't worry I'm sure it's gonna happen soon."
I just smiled.
" Uncle Josh what are you doing here?" Auggie asked.
"I'm moving in with you Auggie, we're gonna be roommates!" He said. Was he serious?
"You're moving in?" I asked
"Yeah, you'll be seeing a lot more of me around here." Josh said. Oh dear this is gonna be good.
"We have to go." Farkle told us observing the time. The four of us said goodbye to everyone and left to catch the bus.
As we reached the stairs Riley tripped and would have fallen if Lucas hadn't caught her.
"Riley, why are you wearing such high heels?" He asked her laughing.
"I warned her," I put in.
"I just wanted to look grown up," she said nearly tripping again.
"You look really grown up to me. Low necklines? High heels? Makeup? Short skirts? What's going on Riley?" He asked her.
"I just wanted you to think I'm mature." She told Lucas.
"Riley I thought you were perfect the way you were before," he said brushing a loose piece of hair out of her face.
"Really?" She giggled.
"This is it!" I whispered to Farkle as we watched the pair.
"Whatever you do Riley you'll always be perfect to me."
Riley's POV
"Whatever you do Riley you'll always be perfect to me," Lucas said with his voice barely above a whisper. His face was only a few centimeters from mine and I could taste the minty ness on his breath. He began to close the already small gap between us. I closed my eyes and felt his warm lips press against mine. I had been wanting this for nearly four years and never once did imagine it like this. I could smell his cologne that I loved so much. I could taste his perfectly minty breath, as if he brushed his teeth twenty times a day. Lucas had his hands on my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. The only thought going through my head was yyyyyyaaaaaaayyyyyyy!
"No!" I heard someone shout from the top of the stairs. We jumped apart and I saw my dad running down the stairs to us screaming "no!" The whole way down.
"How?" He asked turning to Maya when he reached us.
"Well, Matthews, you see when two people like each other a magical force draws them together. In high school this force results in kissing and sometimes even-"Maya was interrupted
"I get your point Maya! Just stop!" He exclaimed.
"Just doing my job. Riles, come ahead with me and Farkle. Your dad and Ranger Rick have some talking to do." Maya said and she grabbed my hand to drag me with her.
"Don't let her trip!" Both Lucas and my father called out at the same time. They then turned to look at each other then back at us.
Lucas's POV
Mr. Matthews and I watched the girls and Farkle go down the stairs. It wasn't until they were long out of site that he began to speak.
"Why were you kissing my daughter?" He asked me beginning to walk again.
"I like your daughter very much sir." I said beginning to walk as well.
"My daughter is very innocent." He reminded me.
"I know sir. I'm not trying to take that away. I like your daughter very much exactly the way she is, and I would like permission to date her." I asked.
"You want my daughter?" He asked me.
"Yes sir." I answered.
"What are your intentions with her." He asked me.
"I intend to be good to her and take care of her. I intend to be nice and never pressure her into something she is uncomfortable with or let her get into a situation that would cause trouble. I intend physical wise to hug her and put my arm around her. I intend to kiss her appropriately." I told Mr. Matthews.
"Yeah ok," he said.
"Sir, does that mean I have permission from you?" I asked.
"Your familiar with baseball, Mr. Friar, I assume." He asked me. I was confused, but nodded anyway.
"Let's put it this way. You get three strikes. I think there is very generous I should only be giving you one, but I like you, and so does my daughter. Three strikes and your out. Now let's hurry up to school." He said picking up the pace. I nodded and we hurried to school. I couldn't wait to tell Riley the good news.