Invisible Connections

Start from the beginning

Lukas just rolls his eyes as he climbs out of the car. He throws the back door open, picking up Terra easily. "We're going to have to hike the rest of the way."

Scott pulls up a moment later, lifting up his helmet, "What's going on?"

"We have to hike the rest of the way to the nemeton. It's the safest way without drawing to much attention to us. Especially on the full moon."

"Oh, right, here, I can carry Terra." Scott offers, holding his arms out.

"Its fine, I got it. Just focus on staying human."

My eyes narrow, following Lukas' retreating figure as he makes his way into the trees. "I don't trust him." I mutter, knowing Scott can hear me.

"I know."

Scott then jogs forward, keeping pace with Lukas. His hand hovers under Terra's head, her brown locks swishing back and forth. I wring my hands together, trying to push my uneasy feeling down.

She'll be fine. She'll wake up and everything will be fine.

Everything will be fine.

A small groan escapes from Terra, her head rolling to the side as she begins to stir. Acting quickly, Scott places a hand on her forehead, stilling her for the moment. I stay back a few feet, my eyes glued onto the back of Lukas' curly blonde hair.

Lukas and Scott slow as we approach a clearing, "We're here." I stop besides them, glancing down at Terra's pale face.

"Now what?" I ask, looking forward at the tree stump that caused all of this.

Lukas just hushes us as he flexes his hand, telling us to wait here. We follow behind him slightly, entering the clearing so we don't have a blocked view of the stump, Lukas, and Terra. I watch with baited breath as he lays Terra down on her side facing us.

Her eyes move beneath her eyelids, her fingers shaking slightly as Lukas begins to step away.

Terra slowly shifts onto her back, her palms lying flat on the wood.

"Is it working?" I mutter, my fingers fidgeting with anticipation.

"Shhh..." Lukas silences us, his gaze stern but focused on Terra.

Scott opens his mouth to speak when all of a sudden Terra's back arches, a howl, louder and fiercer than Scott's, rips through the air.

Terra

Imagine being able to feel each blood cell flowing through your veins. Each atom within you vibrating with energy. But there was too much of it. Too much to contain.

Power.

There was so much power. Strength, emotions, pain, everything was magnified. Everything was worse, yet everything was better.

The world was black. The world still is, my mind existing in a state of unconsciousness as the power overwhelms my physical body.

I always believed that there was such thing as to much power. It's been proven multiple times, through many generations. But never first hand. I've always been the one without power. The one who had to stay silent while the world happened around them. I've never had control, I've never been the one with power to make a change.

Yet, here I am, unconscious with all the power in the world.

All this power flowing through me and- I am on the verge of death. Because of this power, given to me by Scott or the universe or destiny, whatever you chose to believe, I am teetering over the line of life and death.