01 | I Hate Mexico

Start from the beginning

"What makes you think we came alone?" Stiles sassed.

I smiled, thinking of our pack. "You brought a wolf into my home?" Araya shockingly questions.

"We brought an alpha."

After a moment of thinking, Araya finally speaks up. "My friends, I don't think you're aware of your poor timing. Do you know what the dark moon is?" she asks.

"The part of the lunar phase when the moon is least visible in the sky." Lydia answers.

"But do you know its meaning?" Araya repeats.

"Grief and loss." I spoke up, as Lydia and Stiles look at me. "What? I read.."

"Correct mija." Araya disregards my statement. "I wonder why, when you and your friends have suffered so much loss, you would risk it again for someone like Derek Hale."

"Cause we don't like to lose." Stiles objected.

Before Araya could respond, people began speaking over the radio. "Stiles. Take ten off the table." Scott spoke through the radio.

Stiles then took a stack off of the table.

"Maybe you should just take the deal." Lydia proposed.

"While I am keen to follow the warning of a Banshee, I'm going to have to decline." Araya smiled.

"Alright come on, just give us Derek. You don't want him anyway, haven't you noticed what a downer he is? No sense of humor, poor conversationalist. Just come on, take the money." Stiles pleaded.

Araya narrowed her eyes at us, picking up a radio. "Severo? Show them how the Calaveras negotiate."

After being thrown into a dirty room, I've been pacing, trying to think of where Derek could be. "He's awake. Guys, he's awake." Kira shouted, standing over Scott.

"Scott, you okay?" Stiles asked, helping him up.

"They don't have him. They don't have Derek." Scott breathed.

"We know, but right now they've got Lydia." I pointed out.

"Lydia? What do they want with Lydia?" Scott hesitantly asked.

He quickly got up and started searching the walls and door for a way out. "We already looked for a way out. I think a lot of people have.." I mumbled, moving to sit down against a wall.

"I say when the door opens again, we take out whoever is standing in the way and run for it." Malia interjects,

"What about Lydia?" Kira asks,

"What about her?" Malia sasses.

"We're not leaving without her." Scott clarified.

"Why not?" Malia's eyebrows furrowed.

We all look at Stiles, and he walks over to her. "Because we don't leave without people. Remember? We talked about this. Rules of the wild kingdom don't apply to friends." he explained, rubbing her shoulder.

"Is that what you would do as a coyote, leave her for dead?" Kira questions,

"If she was weak and injured, yeah. If hunting had been bad that season, I would eat her. Then I'd leave." Malia bluntly stated.

"Good tactics," I furrowed my eyebrows, nodding.

Malia shot me a smile.

"Believe it or not, that's progress." Stiles shrugged, speaking for Malia.