Shikamaru x Reader

Your P.O.V.

"Shika, Ino - wants you to - sort something out at her - family's flower shop..." I gasped out, trying to suck in all the air around after running from the town and up the hill where Shikamaru was laying.

"What? No way, why can't she get someone else to do it. That woman is so troublesome I swear. I'm not going yet, I've not had my sleep. (Y/N) go and tell her to annoy Chojí, he'll be eating something, it will be good for him to stop eating for a minute."

"Shikamaru your funny, I just ran here, I'm not running back..." I collapsed down on the ground near where he was lying, staring at the clouds. I looked at the sky and back at him, "this is why everyone call you lazy...."

His eyebrow raised up, "wait a second, who calls me lazy?"

I laid back so I was surrounded by grass so he couldn't see my face, a smile crept across it at the thought of annoying Shikamaru more then he already was.

"Hmmm? Oh nobody....." I heard him shuffling and then a shadow appeared across my face. I opened one eye to see Shikamaru's face inches from mine, his eyes staring at me. I felt my cheeks begin to blush.

'Quick think of something to get him away, he can't see me blushing!'

"Well everything is a drag to you..." he leant back and thought for a second about what I had just said, then flopped back into the grass. I sighed with relief.

"That's because everything is a drag, well I suppose being here with you isn't too much of a drag..."

My cheeks flamed again, Shika stop talking!

"I, I , er, well, I gotta go ...." I stood up, and brushed the grass down off my clothes and began to walk back to the village, "I'll tell Ino I can't find you."

I got half way down the hill when I heard someone shouting my name,

"(Y/N), (Y/N), wait I'm coming with you!" I stopped and Shikamaru caught up.

"I can't have everyone thinking I am always lazy, especially people like you. Oh wait your er, you er have something in your hair..." He raised his arm and pulled a blade of grass out of my hair, "got it," he said awkwardly looking away from me.

"Oh! Thank you." I returned the awkwardness with a laugh and then turned the other way so he couldn't see me blushing for the third time in the hour. I mentally face palmed myself, why am I so awkward. It didn't help that Shikamaru was a quiet person, I know I wanted him to stop taking earlier but now without him speaking it was embarrassing.

"I'll help you with whatever Ino wants if I can, I know how troublesome she can be on her own." I laughed at me using his words.

"Yes!! Being in a team with her is enough to drive any man crazy, maybe with you there she will be less angry....." He kicked a stone and it rolled away from reach, he sighed.

I smiled at him, "fine but this means you owe me, no going back!"

"Deal!" He stretched out his arm for me to shake his hand, I knew if I did I would become a tomato. He gave me the 'don't leave me hanging look' and I grabbed his hand.

"Deal." I said quickly and let go of Shika's hand, smiling like an idiot.

Thank you for reading this! It means a lot, please leave any suggestions as to who you would like to see and any comments for me :)  I will try to Post as often as I can!

Thanks!