SEQUEL: Chapter 1- Dawn

"I changed the link between the police call system and your technology so that it runs faster."

Bruce nods his head and chalks up his palms. "Why don't you go see Raymond Palmer? The building is still being built, but he called about you creating a security system a few days ago."

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Why work when I can squat in your mansion?" Bruce raises his eyebrow and wraps the cloth around his hands. I continue, "I'm just kidding. Dad says that I should take a break and spend time focusing on me.."

"Barbara, go to one of your hipster coffee shops and grab a latte. Tim's at a hockey game today and Alfred will be out running errands all day. You won't miss a thing, trust me. Just go out and do something. You've been locked up in here ever since you came home from the hospital, and I love your company, but this is not the life for you."

I pout. "Look, this is how you live your life, so why can't I live my life like yours? Plus, what if I like watching you box?"

Bruce rolls his eyes and starts up his boxing. I smirk and roll myself towards the ramp Bruce installed. My arms burn from the steep incline. I take a deep breath and push myself through the bookshelf. Alfred calls me a cab and apologizes numerous times for not being able to cater to my needs today.

"Alfred, I'm only going out to get coffee. I can survive not riding in a limousine for once."

Alfred helps move me outside and together we wait for the cab.  I sigh and lift myself out of my chair. Alfred folds it up for my and places it beside me in the car. I instruct the driver to bring me to my favorite coffee shop; Latte Me Up, Scotty.

I order my usual caramel latte and take a seat at a booth. I pull out my laptop and log into the GCPD database. Harvey Dent had sent me a few emails asking questions about cases he was working. Despite no longer being employed there, I like helping out anyone on the force when need be. Plus, Harvey was even thinking of hiring me for an assistant position at the DA's office. 

"Barbara Gordon?" I swing my head over my shoulder to see a tall, African American woman with gorgeous brown eyes. Her hair is dark brown and swept into a high ponytail. She's dressed in a light gray pantsuit with a navy blue button up shirt.

"I'm Amanda Waller. Do you mind if I take a seat?" The woman inquires. 

I bite my lip and shift my chair so that Amanda can fit into the booth. She pulls out a manila folder and gives me a small mischievous smile.

"I have been admiring your work for a while, Miss Gordon. After your unfortunate injury, I realized that your night time duties have come to halt. Knowing your attitude; you must be feeling pretty useless. I want to invite you to one of my programs. I work for A.R.G.U.S; a government program that focuses on individuals much like yourself and Mr. Wayne. I am in need of a technological professional like you. What do you say?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Waller. I don't know what you're talking about, and even if I did, I have no interest in doing any tech work for anybody. I already have a job."

She rolls her eyes and purses her lips. "Barbara, the question was out of courtesy. Your work is needed whether you want to work or not. You'll meet the team now."

"Excuse me?"

A small, pudgy man clambers out of his seat and heads over to me. He grabs the handles to my wheelchair and tugs me out of the restraint despite my protests.

"This is kidnapping! I used to work for the GCPD-"

I can't continue my displeased yells as a syringe hits my neck.

"See you on the other side, Oracle."