Chapter 14 - Zach Attack

"Zatanna! How nice to see you!" Nightwing chirps. 

"The pleasure is all mine, Nightwing. This must be Batgirl. I am so excited to finally meet you." Zatanna grins at me and outstretches her hand. I accept and shake her hand. 

"Batman told us you were in town," I announce.

Zatanna raises an eyebrow and smirks. "What else did he say about me?"

Nightwing shakes his head in annoyance. The magician grins and heads over to say hi to Artemis. Kid Flash races over to us. He stops himself next to me and sends me a flirty wink.

"Hate to break it to you B.G but the new girl is smoking hot!"

I roll my eyes and cross my arms with annoyance. "Thanks, Wally."

"Sweetheart, I can see that you are distressed. Just show me your face and I'll give you a rating. Right now you're at about a nine point five. That suit really does wonders to your body-"

"That's enough K.F. Round up the kids for the debriefing," Nightwing announces to the team.

I send Nightwing a small glance as we head to the center of the room. We haven't announced to the team that we are dating. Wally endlessly flirts with me which is so awkward for me; as Barbara, he had a crush on me in the past, and Nightwing and K.F are best friends.

Artemis and Zatanna hang in the back of the crowd as Nightwing explains the task and pairs of the teams. Children go running for their equipment allowing the alums some free time. Zatanna and Artemis stalk off to patrol Star City. 

M'Gann and Superboy head off to the kitchen to make cookies leaving Nightwing, Kid Flash and I. We stand in awkward silence for a few moments before Kid Flash explodes with energy.

"What do you guys want to do?"

"Batman is covering patrol tonight with Robin. We could head to Bludhaven for patrols." Nightwing suggests. 

"BORING!" Wally moans. Suddenly, he whips around and sends me a dazzling smile. "What do you wanna do, tuts?"

I place a hand on my hip. "Patrol in Bludhaven. You could use some discipline."

Wally throws his hands up with defeat. "Your towns are so boring, though!"

"Let's go. Do you expect to be invited to the Justice League with your childish complaining?" Nightwing retorts.

"You're no fun. Can't we go out and get ice-cream?"

I shake my head and direct my glares to Dick. He sighs and nods his head.

"Go get changed, K.F!"

Wally speeds down the corridor. I sigh and together we follow after him. I change into high waisted jeans with a tight black crop top. I throw on some new combat boots and hide my face with sunglasses and a Batgirl baseball hat.

Dick chuckles when he notices my outfit. "Nice touch with the hat."

"Thank you very much." I giggle in return.

Dick is wearing a light blue jacket and black skinny jeans. He looks hot if I do say so myself. Wally emerges from the changing room with a bright red jacket on. K.F does a twirl before landing in a pose. I cover my mouth with my hand to retain my laughter. 

"You like what you see, Bats?"

"You look ridiculous!" I sigh and shove my hands in my pockets. 

We head out through the Zeta tube; emerging a mile or so from my favorite frozen yogurt place in Gotham. Wally stands between Dick and me, commanding us forward with his energetic attitude.

It's awkward to order frozen yogurt while wearing sunglasses inside. The boys get yogurt the size of mountains while I settle for the swirl. We take a seat at some leather chairs arranged in a circle. I glance up as the bell rings; alerting the workers that someone is at the door. 

"Just who I was looking for!" Zach announces as he enters the building.

"Zach." I grimace. "Can I talk to you in private?"
"I'm only going to be here for a moment, Barbara and I need to tell you this now. My cousin seems to be here not because of her show, but another obligation concerning your mentor. Would you please ask him about this?"

"Look I don't- did you say, Barbara?" I ask. Something within Zach clicks as he realizes what he said. 

I glance over at Wally. He's sending Dick a confused look. I push Zachary outside."Look, you just spilled my identity. Why don't you ever take any responsibility for anything?"

Zachary smirks and flips his hair. "I've never seen you this angry before, babe."

I groan,"Take care of it yourself."

I storm back into the restaurant. Dick is throwing away his unfinished yogurt."We're going home." He announces.

"What about Wally?" I inquire.

"He went to the bathroom to calm down. We need to get out of here before he pieces two and two together. How many red-heads do you know called Barbara?"

Dick grabs my arm and drags me out of the cafe. Not before Wally spots us darting out. Dick and I race down the street towards the Zeta. Wally is chasing after us; he's not a very fast runner without his speed boost. Dick and I barrel into the phone booth. He dials a number and the phone begins to glow a faint light blue. Just as the Zeta activates, Wally barrels down the alley. He tosses open the phone booth doors and enters before we can resist.

"Master Dick, Miss Gordon-" We hear our names called as we Zeta in. With Wally by our side.

Alfred is cut off by spotting Wally crumpled on the ground next to Dick. "Oh my. I'll go get Master Bruce."
Bruce sprints down the steps a few moments later with an infuriated look on his face. "Dick, come with me right now."

I watch as Bruce drags Dick behind him. I sigh and turn to the bewildered Wally.

"You're Barbara Gordon."

Slowly, I take off my sunglasses. Wally and I stare at each other for a moment.

"Sorry for hitting on you." He murmurs.

"Whatever."