Chapter 6 - Botanic Destruction

I sleep in, exhausted from my night. My head and sides ache from when Nightwing tackled me into the ground. Five cups of coffee is not enough to make me awake enough for work but I go anyways. I file some paperwork into the database for about an hour. When I glance up from my work I notice Pamela leaning against the edge of my desk.

"Pam!" I exclaim, setting my paperwork down and rushing to greet her.

Her face is a dull expression. As I draw near her lip begins to quiver.

"Pam? Are you alright?"

"This place is a crime scene."

"What?"

"Don't you remember?" She hisses. "That evil, evil man Harvey tipped the plant over." Pamela screeches.

The havoc of her screaming alerts Harvey, who saunters over into my office. He cracks a smile at Pamela, recognizing her from yesterday. "Is there a problem going on over here, little ladies?" 

"It's nothing," I respond.

"You knocked my plant out the window!" Pam announces.

"Sorry." Harvey sneers.

Pamela's face begins to twitch, and then her arms. She clenches her fists and begins to shake. I move to put a hand on her shoulder but she slaps it away.

"Pamela... It was an accident..." My voice is soft and comforting but it isn't enough.

The windows shatter as large, roots? scramble through. Glass pieces fly through the air, slightly cutting my arm. Instinctively, I grab Harvey's arm and pull him to the ground. The roots bust through the walls above us. I  glance at the stunned Harvey who is clinging to my desk for dear life. "Stay down and listen to me," I mutter into his ear. "We need to run now."

My arm wraps around Harvey's, and I pull him through the office doors. Pam is standing by the windows, as plants begin flooding the office. Harvey and I bolt down the stairs and into the street.

"Go get help!" I screech.

Harvey scurries away down the street. I rush inside and hurriedly change into my costume in the bathroom.

Upstairs, Pam is surrounded by intense amounts of plants.

"Doctor Isely!" I scream, brushing plants away from my route. She pivots around and a plant comes barreling into my stomach, throwing me against the wall. I grunt, picking myself back up. I raise an eyebrow. Her pants suit has transformed, ripped apart, and replaced by rows of ivy that hug her tightly. Her sheepish nature is gone, and now, now she looks like Poison Ivy.

"Poison Ivy?" 

She bites her lip and raises a hand towards me. Plants shoot from either side of her. I duck out of the way and pull out a Batarang. I toss it towards one of her plants. It hits, causing her to let out a low scream. I take this time to rush forward and elbow her neck. Suddenly, a root wraps around my waist, pulling me away from her. I thrash but there is nothing I can do.  Plants wrap around my arms and legs, pulling them away from me. I look like a starfish.

"I really would have appreciated it if you had left me to dish out my own justice, Batgirl."

Batgirl

That's pretty catchy.

"Killing isn't justice. Ruining the new police building isn't justice." I snarl.

Poison Ivy smirks. "Harvey killed one of my own. This cannot stand. You must understand."

A plant crawls up my side, snaking it's way to my face. With a small tug, my mask is pulled off of my face.

"Barbara?" Poison Ivy inquires.

I don't have time to respond.  A Batarang crashes through the window, slicing one of the plants on my hand. I grab the Batarang and cut open the other plants. My body slams into the ground. Instinctively, I pull my mask over my face. Batman swings through, nailing Poison Ivy in the gut. Batman smacks her head against the wall and she crumples to the floor. Slinging hand-cuffs on her he turns to me.

Batman growls, "Come on, Miss Gordon. We need to have a talk."