Chapter 9 - Dracula and Warehouse #2

I did a perimeter around the city to clear my mind. That is before Batman sent me an address to a warehouse: "Your father may be located here. Hurry up at get here."

When I got to the abandoned warehouse, I found Batman crouched down on the roof. Next to him is Nightwing. Nightwing gives me a small wave as I wander over. 

"Why are you-"

"I feel fine. Now be quiet" Nightwing responded.

Batman turned to me and signaled I come closer. "Take out the security cameras while we enter. Watch over us as we enter. Lights out whenever you're ready."

I opened the security hacking program on my watch. I was skilled in the art of computers, something I utilized at the police force often. I turned the lights of the warehouse off and infiltrated the security cameras. I motioned to the boys to get started. They dove onto the warehouse and opened a grate. And then they were gone.

A guard paced around the side of the warehouse and jiggled the front lock. I swopped down and drilled his head into the ground. Inside, I could hear the two of them. Slowly, I slipped into the doors of the warehouse. The boys were to the opposite side, but I raced up the stairs to a large office.

Inside is an office. A large wooden desk filled the center and is piled with paperwork. I threw myself into the large black leather chair and begin pouring over the documents. I discarded a manila folder with information about Gotham politics and a list of businesses.  I found a satchel in the corner and threw the folders in. I noticed a tall bookshelf, newer than the rest of the outdated furniture. It was filled with old books, most modern non-fiction but there was one that stood out.

Dracula by Braum Stoker

I had to read that book in college. I tugged it off the wall and a large clicking noise echoed throughout the study. I pushed the bookcase forward and it swung. I pried it open with some books and sprinted down the staircase, stopping at the doorway. I didn't hear any voices so I continued on. I flipped the light switch to find a ginormous lab. Chemicals lined the walls and overgrown plants lined the desks. I took a deep breath and headed to a door diagonal from me.

I threw it open to find a series of cells. I sucked in a deep breath of air.

"Commissioner Gordon?" My voice cracked as I slowly walked towards the back of the rooms. 

Water dripped from the ceiling and my footsteps echoed on the cobbled floors.

A muffled sound omitted from the end.

I sprinted with all of my might to the end of the row of cells where a small lantern hung. With that small lantern illuminating the room I was able to see a face in the dark.  One with gray hair and an overgrown mustache.

I had found my father.