Normani • Do Something Wrong

Your POV

"Are you sure I look okay, Mani?" You asked your girlfriend. Your heart was practically beating out of your chest because of how nervous you were feeling.

She walked towards you and wrapped her arms around your waist from behind you, settling her head on your shoulder. In the mirror before you, you could see her smiling at you and it eased your nerves a little. She looked extremely beautiful in her black and white dress; it hugged her curves perfectly and you felt like you were lucky to call her yours.

"Y/N, you look absolutely beautiful, as usual," she said in a soft voice. You felt her lips kiss your bare shoulder and she continued. "I promise you that tonight will go perfectly. You have me and I'm going to support you the whole way. Now, stop worrying!"

You nodded your head, yet you still felt a little anxious about how the night would go. You were attending a banquet with your company, (you were a journalist), where they wanted to discuss which employees were going to be picked to cover a certain case to write about. You had been wanting to be chosen for a while now, and couldn't stop thinking about it. Also, you had to give a really important speech that was bugging you because you were never good in front of crowds.

"Y/N," Normani raised an eyebrow. "You better not be thinking about it."

She knew you too well.

"Come on," she said once she realised you were. She grabbed your hand and held it in hers, slowly leading you to the front door. "The quicker we go, the quicker we will be there, and the quicker it will be over."

You took a deep breath and nodded your head. "You're right. Nothing will go wrong. Everything will be fine. I have you with me." You tried to convince yourself, which was pretty sad, but you had no choice.

She laughed at your anxiousness and kissed your cheek softly. "Come on, loser."

***

"He's coming this way," You said to Normani, noticing your boss walk in your direction.

She subtly glanced behind her and noticed the elder man looping his way around other guests who were mingling with each other. She turned to face you and smiled reassuringly.

"You're going to be fine. Stop stressing!"

You nodded and felt your grip tighten on your wine glass; you were so sure that your glass would shatter under the pressure, but it managed to remain intact. Your boss was finally by your side and smiled at you and your girlfriend.

"Hi, ladies," he nodded at the two of you. "How are you enjoying the evening?"

You gulped down your nerves and spoke. "It's amazing, sir, thank you."

Normani nodded in agreement and your boss smiled warmly at the two of you.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves," he replied, then focused his stare at you. "Now, I don't mean to be rude, but please can I talk to you, Y/N? You know, before your speech and everything?"

Your knuckles turned white at the amount of pressure you were squeezing your glass with, and Normani seemed to notice, so sent a smile your way.

"Sure," you nodded at your boss, smiling softly. You looked to Normani, about to excuse yourself, but she beat you to it.

"It's fine," she smiled at you, taking your hand in here. "I'll be here when you come back."

You nodded her way and your boss smiled at her before leaving and leading the way. As you were walking away, Normani squeezed your hand and you looked at her.