Camila • Meeting Your Parents (2)

Your POV

I open the door to my car, holding my arm out for Camila to grab. She steps out the car, linking her arm in mine, and smiling at me with that beautiful smile of hers. I shut the door and lock the car with my key fob, before we both begin to walk to the entrance of the restaurant.

Seeing as it's the opening night of my parents' friend's restaurant, it's pretty crowded outside and most likely inside too. We both pass the large amount of people outside the entrance and descend into the restaurant, making our way to the reception-like desk at the front.

"Hi," the man at the desk smiles politely at us. "Do you both have a reservation?"

I gulp down my nervousness before speaking. "There should be one under Mr and Mrs Y/L/N? We are meeting them here. I'm Y/F/N and this is Camila Cabello."

The man looks down at his clipboard, scanning it for our names. Meanwhile, I can't help but internally panic. I think Camila notices because she squeezes my hand in reassurance causing me to glance at her. She smiles at me and I can't help but smile back, yet the nerves are still there.

"Ah, yes," the man says in realisation, looking back up to meet my eyes. "If you will come this way Miss Y/L/N and Miss Cabello."

He picks up two, what I think are menus, and descends further into the giant hall full of tables and chairs, aka the restaurant itself. It's bustling with people all dressed formally for this special occasion. As Camila and I follow the man, a few people catch my eye and smile at me with a nod. They must recognise me as my parents daughter, yet I have no idea who they are. I must have met them before, but I don't remember because to be honest, I don't really pay attention when my parents introduce me to their rich friends.

Eventually, I see my parents both seated at a corner booth, chatting away to someone who is standing beside their table. When the man leads us there, both my parents and the person standing beside the table, who is a woman, look my way.

"Here you go, ladies," the man says to Camila and I, allowing us to slide into our booth and setting two menus down in front of us.

"Thank you," Camila smiles at him, before looking to my parents who are sat opposite her, my mum facing her and my dad facing me. Oh, great.

"Ah, there you are Y/N. I was wondering when you would show," my mother says, plastering a fake smile on her face, probably because of the woman who is still standing beside our table. She then looks to Camila and says, "And you must be Camila Cabello. It's nice to finally meet you, dear."

"It's a pleasure to meet you both, too," Camila says politely, throwing in her signature smile. "And if I may say, you both look amazing tonight."

Both my parents look at each other with 'embarrassment' before my father says, "Why, thank you, Camila. You look rather good, too."

Good? She looks freakin' amazing!

"I'm actually surprised you wore that," he continues and I internally groan. Please don't say anything stupid. Please don't say anything stupid. "From all the tabloids, you seemed a bit childish with your mini skirts and bows, but you look very formal and mature right now."

He did not just say that. That is so rude! And my mother doesn't say anything, she just nods in agreement, both of them having smiles on their faces as if they didn't just offend Camila.

Camila nods and gives them a small smile. "Thank you, Mr. Y/L/N."

Camila did not just brush off their diss. I glance at her and she is just smiling along with them. I don't like seeing her like this. She shouldn't have to pretend.