Camila • Forgotten

Together forever, right?

That's what everyone believes, wishes, wants, when in love with that special someone. You crave for that unexplainable feeling for another person, and I guess I was lucky enough to find that. With my girlfriend; my love.

Camila Cabello.

But of course, God had to ruin my one source of happiness, didn't He? You'd think that after all the crap I've been through in my life, He would let me be, but nope. It's as if He wants me to suffer.

I was being selfish, though. Wasn't I? This wasn't fair for me to say because it's not me whose life was ruined. Well, it was, but she had got it way worse. Yet, of course I'm only thinking of myself. You would, too.

The only memories of her that I have are the happy ones; the ones where she is grinning from ear to ear; the ones where her contagious laughter is heard from miles away; the ones where she looks me directly in the eye and says she loves me.

None of that anymore, though.

It's cruel how life can be the best thing ever, only to come crashing down because of one thing. One incident. Small, yet with a large impact.

I remember it like it was yesterday. One minute we were joking around like the five year olds we truly are, and the next, I'm saying goodbye and she's gone. I don't think I had ever felt more pain and fear than I had then. She looked broken, and it scared me because I thought that was it.

Sirens blared through the street and lights flashed all around, yet all I could focus on was the sight of my bloody, unconscious girlfriend. Funny I'm saying that really, because I couldn't even see her. I was crying so much that my tears blinded me from reality. I guess I'm sort of thankful for that, though, because I don't think I could have handled the real sight of her.

It took twelve hours for the hospital to work their magic. Twelve hours of crying, waiting, thinking, dwelling, hoping, wishing. The longest twelve hours of my life. Eventually, she woke up. The end, right?

Wrong.

I was informed that she had suffered a minor brain injury, which unfortunately resulted in her waking up with amnesia. I've heard of those stories where they have amnesia and don't remember anything or anyone. I always thought they were exaggerated, and managed to convince myself that she would remember me. Oh, how wrong I was.

"Camila," I begged her, my hands clutching her head gently as tears streamed down my cheeks, "please. Please. You have to know who I am. Please."

She shook her head, fear evident in her blank brown eyes. Those same eyes that I had grown to love. Those same eyes that lit up whenever I met them. And now, those eyes that feared my sight because I was just another stranger to them.

"I'm sorry," she apologised, looking scared as I cried in her face. "I don't know who you are. But do you think you can give me some space? You're freaking me out."

I was freaking out my own girlfriend.

I released my hands from her face and watched her, searching her eyes for any sign of recognition, but all I saw was nothing. They were void of emotion. Just like her heart was void of love.

"I need you back," I pleaded, my voice cracking from my excessive amount of crying. "I need my Camila back. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss you. Please. I love you."

But nothing. No response.

"You have to know who I am." I frowned, ignoring the salty taste of tears on my lips. "Come on."

"Can you please leave?" she asked, shuffling away from me in her hospital bed. "I don't know who you are and I don't love you."

And that's when I knew I had lost my girlfriend; my life; my love; my number one. I had lost her forever. She was everything to me, and I was only one thing to her. 

Forgotten.

//

Evidently, my writing is a little rusty when it comes to writing imagines, but this is just a starter and I'll soon get back into the rhythm of things. I apologise for how shizzy this is, but the ones to follow will (hopefully) be much better :)