Ch. 40 - What About Trust

Start from the beginning

"I replied with a 'What's up?'- and she said 'I was just wondering if you wanted to meet me at the Starbucks across the school.'" His phone buzzed again. "'You know, for business reasons.'" He read aloud.

"When?" Phil asked.

"Let me ask..." Daniels' phone buzzed again. "'Maybe tomorrow or soon. I have some questions.'"

"Daniel." You call, your facial expression dropping.

"Yes?"

"Well- Are you going to go?" Phil asked, his voice going high.

"Woll, yeah."

Yeah?

You scoffed at his answer. "Wha- why?"

"She obviously wants to talk-"

"Wants you in her bed- Dan, she's a senior! She's practically an adult!"

"Y/N, that's not the reason."

"How do you know?" You adjust your seating and stare straight into his eyes. "Daniel, how do you know? You truly believe that she wants to speak to you about Fairy Tale acting?"

"Well, yeah."

"You trust her?"

"I do, yes."

Your eyes drop in sadness.
He trusts her.

"Y- you'd go?"

Daniel nods.

"What about what you said? The- the- the throw off you gave to her? You were so angry."

"Well, she was being a bitch, so, yeah, I told her off, but maybe I should give her another chance." He shrugs.

Standing quickly, you become speechless for a moment.
Then get back on track.

"I don't want you to go." You simply state.

"You can't make my decisions!" Daniel shouts, standing up in front of you.

"I don't feel comfortable with you going with her, she'll ruin you!" You shout back.

"Didn't people say that about me towards you? Phil said that. 'He'll hurt you. He'll ruin you.' But I'm making you happy." He says, walking away from the sofa as you slowly follow. "You gave me a chance. And so did Phil. I've changed."

"Daniel, please," you plead, beginning to tear up. "What about trust?"

"Exactly, Y/N. What about trust." His facial was shown as if he had no feelings. "I- I- I've gotta go." He stuttered, walking out the door as he quickly typed on his phone;
'How about rn?'

As the tears start to form in your eyes, you walk backwards towards Philip on the sofa.
Sitting right in front of him, the sound of sobbing escapes from your throat. You turn your head towards his chest and lay your head against it.

"What about trust?" You murmur into Phils' chest.

"Shh." Phil soothed you, patting your back as he kissed the top of your head. "He'll be back."

"I feel bad."

"Don't. I think he understands what you mean," Philip pulls you up and faces you. "Besides," he handles your shoulders. "He loves you."

Nodding, you sniffle. "I don't want to stay here."
Philip tilts his head in confusion. "Can I go to your place?"

"Well, my mum is there, but we could."

--

She hates me, Dan thought as he walked into the cafe. She never wants to see my face again.

Second chances are good.

Second chances are great!

They're lovely.
In my eyes.

As Daniel walked up to the counter, a slim man with the name tag Troye asked him what he wanted to drink.

"Ah, hi, yeah, can I just," He sighed and adjusted his fringe. "Just a... vanilla ice coffee?"

"Sure-"

"Three shots of expresso. Please. Tall!"

The worker sighed and nodded. "Can I get a name?"

"Y/N." He quickly said.
His eyes widen and quickly change his reply. "I meant Dan! Dan, please."

Troye quickly scribbled the name Dan onto the plastic cup and set it to the side for another worker to make the drink while Dan paid.

"Got some shit on your mind, huh? Excuse my language." Troye laughed.

"Yeah- I think my girlfriend and I broke up- I don't know. It's confusing." He stated, throwing his hand towards his forehead, pushing back his fringe.

"Hey, don't sweat it, good things happen to good people." The young boy nodded. "I'll be back with your drink, sir."

"Thanks." Dan nodded, walking to an empty, round table for two.

He allowed his head to weigh down on the table with a thud.

As he looked back up with squinted eyes, he noticed the glass door open and Kalel walk in.

She looked around for Dan as he sat up straight and adjusted his fringe once again.

"Kal-"
"Dan?"
A worker called, the same moment he was about to call the senior.

Hesitantly, he stood from his seat and grabbed the drink from Troye.

"Don't screw up." The worker smiled.

"Fuck off, mate." He scowled, walking back to his seat.
Though, he was tapped on his shoulder.
Making him stop, he turned to find Kalel with a large smile.

"I didn't think you'd get here quicker than I would." She giggled.

"Hm. Yeah, I kind of left right when I texted you." He smiled a bit, pushing his hair back again.

"Well-"
"Kalel?" Troye called for her drink.

"Why don't you sit down and I'll meet you there." She smiled as she started to walk away.

Nodding, he sat at his original seat, waiting patiently for the older girl to sit down.

The tan one sighed with a smile as she sat with her drink. "This may be the only time I've seen you without your girlfriend- where is she anyways?" Her head tilted slightly to the left.

"She got suspended. Remember?"

"What's wrong," Kalel chuckled. "Your face is, like, droopy, didn't you get coffee?"

"Yeah. Three shots of expresso too." He gives a little laugh. "So, what'd you need?"

"I need to know if you're still with her."

Daniel leaned back a bit as he sipped on his drink.

"Yes, Y/N." she rolled her eyes.

"I- I don't know. I thought we were going to talk about drama cla-"

"Ever heard of 'Netflix and Chill' nobody really watches Netflix and chills." She laughs. "They bang."

His eyes widen a bit as he stands up. "I've gotta go."

"Wha- why?" Kalel questions, standing up quickly.

"I need to see her."

Second chances don't exist, second chances don't exist. He thought to himself as he patted his pockets, making sure he had everything.

Trust. What about trust.

"Go get 'em!" Troye shouted as Daniel opened the door to exit.

"Fuck off, mate!"