Chapter 15

You know how they say life can change in a single second? How the unexpected can take a drastic turn? That's what happened in Feburary. Less than 6 months before they said I would be expected to die.

It was 2 in the morning. The machine giving me my medicine. The beeping of the machine the only sound it the room. When all of a sudden I couldn't breath. I couldn't catch my breath and I thought it was going to be there where I will die. I pressed my alert button so my Dad can help me.

When he came running in, I was leaning over my bed, throwing up, choking on air.

He hurried and grabbed the oxygen cart from under the bed and placed the oxygen nubbins to my nose along with an air mask to get oxygen through my mouth.

Dad carried me outside where he placed me on the porch as he called 911. As he dialed the number I removed the mask and threw up again. Dad was talking over the sound of my gagging.

"I need you to get her fast! My daughter's having trouble breathing and is throwing up!" My Dad said to the lady on the phone. He hung up and rushed to my side.

"Honey, stay calm. Panic makes it worst." He said as he rubbed my back.

I tried to steady my breaths but the more I tried, I would gag and throw up again.

The ambulance soon arrived. I could see house lights turning on as the neighbors ran out to see what was going on. I could see a couple houses down as they lifted me onto the gourney, Jared's Mom, Dad and Tommy standing on the porch with concerned looks. I could here Jared yell from inside "What's going on?" As he pushed his way through his parents until he stood next to his brother in front of him. "Tori!" I could hear him yell as they put me in the ambulance.

Once in the ambulance and the doors were closed, the paramedic asked my Dad, who was also in the ambulance, questions.

"How old is she?" The paramedic would ask.

"18." Before the paramedic could continue, Dad continued to tell them my information. "Birthday was July 13th. She is dianosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Been since she was 4." Dad continued telling them everything. Like what medicine I take and how bad my condition has gotten. After the questions, the paramedic cut open my shirt. My chest was starting to bleed through the scar from the pacemaker.

The paramedic listened to my heart. "Irregular heartbeat." He then look my blood pressure. "Low blood pressure. We have to get her into surgery now."

My Dad, nervous, grabbed my hand, squeezing it tight.

"She's going into shock!" The paramedic yelled out and the driver sped up the vehicle.

Once at the hospital, the doctors quickly took me out of the ambulance and rushed me into the building. Nurses and doctors coming towards me having the paramedics explain everything.

My Dad ran with the doctors while holding my hand until he was stopped when they rushed me through the doors leading to emergency. One doctor stopped my Dad to file a file of what happened.

I was now in the surgery room. I could feel the doctors picking up the blanket from under me and lifting me up onto the medal table.

The last thing I remember was the doctors sticking me with needles and one putting the shock things to my chest.

I was in a completely dark room. Fluresent lights loosly hang from the cealing. The room is completely empty. The only movement was the lights as they rocked back and forth and the movement of my body shifting as I looked around.

Behind me there was a wooden door. It was closed. I turned to it and tried to open it. When it did open there was nothing there. It was just a door in the middle of an empty room.