Chapter 10

I went to the doctor's again about a week after I and Jared officially started our relationship. This time planning the surgery to replace my pacemaker in a couple weeks.

"Okay, so the surgery will take place in about two weeks on a Friday." The doctor said as he held a clipboard. "There is no risk involved."

Dad shook the doctor's hand as I left the room. "Thanks, Dr. Wilson." Dad said.

"You're welcome, Tom. Call if there is any trouble."

Dad nodded. "Will do. See you later."

Dad came out to were I was sitting in a chair outside of the room

"You ready?" Dad asked.

I nodded and we walked down to the lobby to the exit of the building. As we walked to the car, I texted Jared.

Just got out.

Jared texted back almost instantly

Ok, meet you at your place?

I looked at Dad and said, "Dad, are we going straight home?"

"I just need to pick up somethings. Is Jared coming over?"

I nodded.

"Tell him he can come over once we get home."

I focused back on my phone.

Have to run some errands. I'll tell you when to come over.

He texted about a second later.

Okay.

I and Dad went to the store to pick up my prescription medicine and then we ate lunch before going grocery shopping.

All of it took about an hour and a half before we headed home. In the car I felt a migrane forming and I began to feel tired. I didn't tell Dad cause I didn't want him to worry.

When we pulled into the driveway, Jared was sitting on the porch steps and got up. I felt weak. My head felt like someone was hitting me in the head with a hammer.. Dad didn't notice as he put the car into park.

Dad noticed a little while later that I was weak and he started shaking me lightly as I passed out. Before passing out, I saw a glimspe of Jared running towards the car.

I woke up two days later in a hospital bed. The room was white, like really right. Like clear snow white. And lights where shining everywhere. I had to blink a couple of times to adjust my eyes to the new light.

The first thing I heard was, "She's awake."

Not knowing who it was, I turned my head in the direction the voice came from. Jared was sitting right beside me, holding my hand tight. He seemed even more tired than the last time he was with me in the hospital.

I blinked a couple of times before weakly saying, "Hi."

He smiled at me. "Hi." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. Pushing strains of hair aways.

"How long was I out for." My words came out weakly, sloring as they left my mouth.

"Two days."

I frowned.

Jared smiled and leaned down and pecked my lips. "I'll go get the doctor."

"Where's my Dad?" I asked as he got up.

"With the doctor."

Jared left to get the doctor. As he did so, I attempted to sit up so my back was up against the headboard. It was a struggle but I finally managed to sit up. Beside me on the tray thing was a glass of water with a lot of ice in it and beside it was a small cup. My throat was dry so I moved the tray above me and poured myself a cup of water. As I sipped it, an ice cube fell out of the cup, landing inside my hospital gown. I shivered as the ice rode around my boobs and then sliding right between them to my stomach.