Chapter 9

I woke up about an hour later. I was still snuggled into Jared and when I looked up at him, his eyes where fixed on me. For a moment I stared back at him but quickly shook my feelings away.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked.

"You're cute when you sleep." He replied.

I had to turn away so he couldn't see me blush.

I sat back, moving over a bit to give us some space.

He laughed at my movement. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing."

"Still trying to deny everything?" He said. I shrugged my shoulders and looked down. "You do know I don't give a rats ass that you're sick. I don't like looking at you as if you where sick."

"Rats ass?" I asked, that being the only thing I really heard.

"Hear me out." He started up again. "It doen't matter if you're sick or even turning into a monkey." I chuckled at his statement. "I do like you and nothing will ever stop me from having the pleasure of liking you." He pause and then said in almost a whisper. "Love you."

Why is he doing this to me? I like him and he's trying to be with me. He's going to have me smashing my lips into his if he doesn't shut up.

And because of this I ended up doing just that. "Screw it." I half whispered as I put a hand on the back of his head and pulled him towards me, slamming my lips on top of his. And I don't regret my actions as he moved a hand up to my cheek, cupping it.

When we parted the only words that came out of our mouths where, "Wow." And "Whoa."

He left his hand on my cheek as he said, "What was that for?"

I shrugged and smiled. "Just something I wanted to do."

"So, does this mean you like me?"

I nodded. "Yes. Yes it does."

He smiled, showing off his teeth and put his hands on both sides of my face as he pulled me in for another kiss.

We walked home hand in hand and talked about random stuff that I barely remember.

When we got to my porch, Jared gave me a peck on the lips, saying goodbye and heading back to his house.

I had a huge smile on my face as I walked in and I was trying my best to hide it and hoping Dad was in his room or den so he couldn't see me. But no, he was seated on a chair in the living room, reading a book.

When he saw me come in, he instantly took off his reading glasses and bookmarked his book and set the both on a side table.

"Hey." He said, still seated in his chair and he was leaning forward. "You have fun?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I did."

He smiled and then he noticed my smile. "Is there something I should know?"

I shook my head. "No."

He smiled at me again. "Then why is there a giant smile on your face?"

I was on the erge of blushing and was trying to hold it back. "Dad..."

Dad put his hands up in surrender and grabbed his book, placing it on his lap and grabbed his reading glasses and twirled them in between his fingers. "I'm just glad he makes you this happy." He sat up, holding onto his book and reading glasses. "Well, I'm turning in for the night. Don't stay up too late." He gave me a kiss on the head and headed up to his bedroom.

I walked into my room, closing the door behind me, and plopped down on my bed. Smiling at the ceilling for a few minutes. Afterwards I grabbed my laptop, laying myself down on the bed and placing it in front of me.