Chapter 11

I was released from the hospital the following morning. Dad came back to the hospital the night before, before Jared left. And Dad spent the night with me.

They first took me off the oxygen and then made sure it was okay they take out any needles in me. This was a long process but after an hour and a half or so, they finally released me.

"How you feeling?" Dad asked as we started driving home.

"Pretty good." I answered.

"Want me to make some burgers for lunch?"

I looked at my Dad and smiled. "I'd love that."

When we pulled into the driveway, Jared was sitting on the front steps, waiting.

When he saw us he slowly got up and headed towards us.

"Hey." Jared said, greeting both me and my Dad.

"Hey, Jared." Dad said and shook his hand. "It's good seeing you."

Jared shook his hand back. "Always good to be seen, Tom."

"Always keep that sense of humor." Dad told Jared.

"I'll try my hardest." Jared took his hand away from my Dad's hand and walked over to me. "Hey." He said and wrapped me up in a hug. I hugged him back tightly. Dad just turned and walked inside at this point. "Feeling good today?" He asked as he pulled away.

I nodded. "Yeah."

He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips. "Well, okay, let's settle you in." He said when he pulled away.

I ignored him and grabbed his face and kissed him with force. His hands instantly wrapping around my waist.

When we finally pulled apart, a smile spread across his lips. "That was nice."

"Great." I stepped away from him and picked up my overnight bag that was sitting next to the car. I walked over to him and threw it at his chest. "Take this."

He caught it with a groan. "There's the Tori I know."

"Shut up." I said before giving him a peck on the lips and heading inside, Jared following my lead.

Dad was seen through the sliding glass door in the kitchen, cooking hamburgers on the grill.

"Where can I put this?" Jared said once he got in.

"Throw it into my room."

Jared walked ahead of me and I saw as he literally threw the bag into my room. Then walked back to me.

We walked into the kitchen and sat on the stools of the island and faced the direction of the glass door and watched my Dad cook.

We sat up as Dad opened the door and poked his head in.

"Jared, you want cheese or plain?" Dad asked.

"Plains fine." Jared replied and Dad left again, closing the door behind him. "Did you sleep good last night?" He asked me once my Dad was gone.

"Pretty good. But did you listen to me when I told you to get a good nights sleep?"

Jared made an innocent face. "Kinda." I looked at him with a concerned look before he continued. "I slept about the averge 8-10 hours."

"You could sleep more."

"I know. I just don't like sleeping that long." He adjusted himself so he was facing me. "You see, when you sleep it feels like time is going fast forward and if you sleep too long, then it feels like you just waisted another day of your life. I don't want to have days in my life where I have been caught sleeping through. 8-10 hours of sleep is good enough for me."