•Avery•

March 23rd, 2015

Lunch was very different for me that day. I started eating my turkey sandwich and two boys sat around me.

"May I help you?" I ask. These are complete strangers and I just want them to go away.

"You don't recognize us I guess." The blonde one said.

"No. Am I supposed to?" I ask.

"Well, we go to church together. We kinda sit with Tucker." Oh okay, they are the ones who made fun of me all the time. I always ignore all the people who give me grief.

"Okay."

"We wanted to apologize." The blonde one said.

"For what?" I want to hear exactly what they are sorry for.

"We are sorry that we made Tucker do those things to you before you, you know." The brown headed boy spoke up.

"Okay. I forgive you."

"Really? Just like that?" The both look surprised.

"I know that I'm not the one with the problem if I get bullied. I've known this for years, but the bully is the one with the problem. I've never had any problems in my life. People just have personal reasons to dislike me and it's their problem not mine." They both look flabbergasted. I finish my sandwich and start to put my stuff back in my bag.

"Now if you will excuse me, I have to get to class." I smile at them and walk on without a second thought.

Now I wish I could go back to that moment. It was simple and easy. This moment between Tucker and I after school, is far from simple or easy.

~~~~~~~~

You are safe.

You are safe behind the fence.

Go inside.

Call the police.

Stay put.

Where's Tucker?

My subconscious mind floods with commands and I become more worried about Tucker.

I look around and he is no where to be found. I look between the cracks of the fence and see Tucker running toward the woods.

I can't let him go away alone.

I then decide his life is more important than mine. I drop my stuff and grab my cell phone to call 911.

"This is Avery Watson. I was abducted by a woman named Rina and she has returned and is chasing my friend into the woods by Cross Street. Please send help and maybe an ambulance. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out." That's all I say before I hang up. I run straight into the woods and see Rina and a tall man staring at Tucker.

"You ruined my life." Rina yells at Tucker.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"You took Avery away from me!"

"I didn't do that."

"Yes you did!" She draws back and starts whispering to herself. She starts to argue with herself. It's as if she is two people dwelling in one body.

Detective Christopher talked with us about her mental health. Based on her records, doctors believe she has schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Doctors assume she doesn't have medication for either disorder. Which, they say, makes her dangerous not only to herself, but the people around her.

After learning her diagnosis, it made me realize why she did what she did. Her thoughts made her believe that her kids were better off with someone better than her. So, she got rid of us. Years later, she decided she wanted me back. Her mind played with her and said that Tucker caused all of the problems in her life.

"You caused all of this to happen to me!" She yells. Tucker lies against the tree defenseless and alone. It hurts me to see him this way.

"If I get rid of you, it will end all of the pain I feel." Rina adds. She stares straight at Tuck, and his face turns white instantly.

"You don't have to do this. There are other ways to fix this problem. Hurting me won't solve your problems, it will only make it worse for you." She glares at him. She then pulls a nine millimeter pistol from her jacket pocket and holds it to him.

"It will not make it worse for me, it will fix everything that's wrong with me."

"Don't kill me. Please." He pleads.

"Why shouldn't I? You took Avery away from me! You took my world from me! If it weren't for you, Avery would still be here with me." She moves her hand to the trigger and pauses.

"Any last words?" I didn't know what came over me. The whole time Tucker and I were held captive, he protected me. He helped me. He took all of the beatings. He went through everything for me. I couldn't let him go through this alone. I start running from behind my hiding spot and stand in front of Tucker, protecting him. I hear sirens, the police were here.

"I have some words to say. You need to leave us alone! It's all over. Stop all of this Rina. It isn't worth it!" I yell.

"Get out of the way sweetheart. I don't want to hurt you." She says calmly. She moves her hand from the trigger.

"Avery what are you doing?"

"Being your knight in shining armor." I smile at him and look at Rina. She looks as if she became a completely different person.

"Move back!!" She yells loudly. Her finger returns to the trigger. I held my hands up.

"No." I say firmly. I wasn't quite sure what happened next. I don't know what happened with Rina. Whether her finger slipped or she meant to shoot, all I heard was a loud sound.

BANG BANG

The blast sent me to the left side of the ground. There were several sharp rocks and I fell right onto them. A sharp pain spread through my head. Everything I see is blurry. I look at my stomach and see two holes side by side each other. My t-shirt I was wearing was soon covered in my blood. I see Tucker's eyes and I see Rina being arrested by the police. So many things happening around me and I can barely focus on anything that's happening.

"Avery, don't close your eyes." Tucker pleads. He removes his shirt to use to hold my wounds in place so I wouldn't loose more blood.

"Don't leave me Ave." Tears start to fall down his face.

"I need an ambulance!!" He yells. My eyes start to feel heavy and the everything around me is so bright with a white, iridescent light.

"No, no Avery. Hang on please!" I use one finger and I catch a falling tear from his eyes.

"No, don't leave me. I love you."

Then, every thing goes black.

A/N:

Don't hate me... There is more to come, I promise!

-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW