Introduction/Prologue

Avery~

I'm the loner of my school. Not only do people laugh at me as I walk by, but they treat me like an animal. Sure I wear second hand clothes, sure I might have big eyes with glasses, but that doesn't make me any less human than Angelina Jolie.

My parents passed away when I was five in some freak accident. I have been jumping from foster home to foster home ever since then. I've lost count on how many I've been to, most have beat me for unknown reasons. I hope I can have one real family.

"Move pig!" A jock says. He makes pig noises as he walks by and I ignore it like usual. Another jock slapped my books out of my hands and laughed at me as I was picking them up. I leave to go home and my eyes are already filled with tears.

"Avery dear, please go to the grocery store for me." I simply nodded toward my foster mother. This one is nice, they are rarely hard to come by.

"Yes, ma'am." I grab the list and quickly run through the store. I grab the bags from the cashier and start walking home. I notice a black van following me from a distance. The windows were tinted and the license plate was on the front rather than the back. I didn't really care to look at the plate so I just walked home.

Tucker~

Life does come easy to me I admit. My handsome looks and Australian accent don't define me one bit. Okay that's a lie. I don't have an accent, but girls do line up to go out with me and sometimes I have to turn them away. Football and baseball are my top sports at Brookhaven High. I'm number one on both teams and have colleges lining up to draft me for their teams. I don't want to leave Brookhaven though. I like my life just the way it is.

My grades are academically outstanding. I make straight A's and rarely study. I'm THE Albert Einstein of this generation.

Just kidding.

"See you tonight right?" A brunette asks.

"Sure." I winked at her and she completely melted into my charms. Yes, I'm a self centered guy. Aren't we all self centered from time to time?

The party came and went instantly and I decided to stay sober so I could at least drive myself home. During the party, I hooked up with a girl or two and then left without one fight. I call that a record. As I walk in the house, there's a black van with a license plate on the front of it. I walked in and looked out my window and it instantly drove away. That's not creepy at all.

A/N:

Hi! I know this chapter is slow, short, and quite boring at first, but it will pick up I promise! This is just a glimpse at how the characters act and how they live on a daily basis. Avery is portrayed as a shy girl who has had a hard life, while Tucker is the school player with a huge ego. Each chapter will be told in alternant points of view, so it will not be conjoined like the introduction. I really hope you continue to read this story!

If you haven't read my other stories please do! Also I'm very slow at updating so bare with me. I want every chapter to be up to it's full potential, so I take my time on all of the chapters. If you are apart of the grammar police, please don't tell me if something is wrong! I try to fix as many as I can, so please don't be rude :)

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Next chapter will be up sometime soon!