•Avery•

August 23rd, 2014~

Sunday's are my favorite days of the week. I know God made me perfectly and I know He won't judge. I go to church class and I see none other than Tucker Hollis. It's amazing how the most self centered jerks go to church with me. I thought Catholics were outstanding people, my entire class unravels that statistic.

"Hey, Avery." Ian says. Ian is the only person that will ever talk to me. I waved slightly and turned to the teachers.

"I want you guys to get in groups of two and discuss what it means to be a Catholic, what it means to you in your opinion. Also, let your partner be someone at a different at your table." I look around and Ian finds someone instantly.

"I guess it's me and you." I turn and see Tucker looking at me. I nod and he sits down.

"You're Avery right?"

"Yes." I'm shocked he even knew my name.

"I've never formally introduced myself, I'm Tucker."

"I know. You made fun of me the other day."

"I did? I'm sorry." Wait, hold the phone. Tucker is apologizing? Is the world ending?

"Alright go back to your tables." The teacher says. Tucker leaves and I'm still in a daze of confusion.

"Tucker, what did you and Avery talk about?" The teacher asks.

"She talked about me, how I was her dream, and how I was the only reason she came to church." He laughs and fist bumps his friends. I knew he was a jerk, but I'm not surprised he did this. I roll my eyes and Ian looks at me with apologetic eyes.

"Alright Tucker enough foolishness." An hour and a half later we were dismissed. I drove back home and I see the van following me from behind. I got out of my car and look closely at the tinted windows. It looks like no one is in there, but I know there is.

"Avery! Lunch!" My foster mom yells from the window.

"Hi."

"How was church?"

"Fine."

"It was a boy wasn't it?"

"How'd you know?"

"The look on your face and the light in your eyes is gone."

"Wow. You're good." I eat lunch in silence. I go to my room and when I lay down I look out my window. I see a shadow lurking behind a tree. True I am an independent and courageous person, but I was officially scared for my life. Why is this shadow out there and what does it want from me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decide to go out that afternoon for a stroll in the park. I wanted to find a good spot to read my new book in. My foster parents bought me the newest Pittacus Lore novel. I get in my car with my book in the passenger seat. I was very tempted to buckle the passenger seat in, because I practically treat my books like children.

I look in my rear view mirror and that van pops up again. I decide to take a few detours to see if he was following me. I turn left, right, then left again. As I suspected, the van was behind me. The park is too risky, especially if I was alone. I go back home and read on my front porch.

"I thought you were going to the park?" Mom says.

"I changed my mind."

"Okay." I look to my right and the van soon cranks it's vehicle. I see Tucker drive by my house and I see the not so pleasant finger in my sight. Once he drives by though, the van starts to follow him. Are we being stalked by the same van? I stand up and walk to the end of my driveway. I look closely at the license plate.

LET34YG

Before I can go write it down, a cloth is instantly surrounding my nose and mouth and it becomes hard to breath.

"It will be okay, Avery." A voice says. I don't trust the voice. I scream and scream but nothing seems to work. I kick and fight as the stranger continues to hold me tight. Before I can blink, I'm thrown in the back of a vehicle and everything turns black. I pass out with the license plate ID still in my memory.

A/N:

An update! At the top or to the side is a picture of the book Avery was trying to read! I hope you enjoyed the update and I will try to update soon! Next we find out about Tucker and get more into his side of the story.

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW