°Espen°

January 25th, 2015

Knowing the person who captured Avery has made days almost bearable.

Almost.

"At least we know who she is right?" Iva says. Ever since we discovered who did this, Iva has tried to see the bright side of everything.

"Yes, but I would rather have our kids here with us." She nods in agreement. We go back into silence and wait for the police to return any more information about the whereabouts of our children.

"Who is Rina anyway?"

"She is a lunatic who has to be stopped. I know she has a step son, and another daughter. Their locations are unknown to this day." We know the stepson's name is Axel and her older daughter's name is Addisyn. The police gave us basic information and left the rest of it vague to us. We know she has some kind of mental disorder, but the police would not confirm or deny that fact.

"Now we know who she is, the real question is why she would want them? Why now?" Iva wonders aloud. I shrug my shoulders and we begin starring at the phone. Waiting for something, anything.

Ring Ring

"Hello." I say too quickly. I take a deep, slow breath and I hope it is something good.

"Hello, Espen. Detective Christopher speaking."

"We know Chris."

"Sorry it's a bad habit to say. Anyway, we got a call from a police station down south that says two teens are there. Their description matches those of your children." My heart stops.

"We are planning to take a trip down there. Would you two like to come in the car with me or in your own vehicle?" Iva looks at me and we are still both in shock.

"We will ride with you." Iva says for me.

"We leave eight o'clock sharp tomorrow morning." We hang up and hug one another.

"I can't believe they are alive." Iva says.

"We don't need to get our hopes up. What if it isn't them?" I ask.

"What other two teenagers would wonder into a police station?"

"Okay. I just don't want to be disappointed."

"It will be them. I promise."

~~~~~~

The drive to St. Brunswick, Georgia was the longest ride of my life.

Later on with the case we discovered that they were kept on an island off of Jekyll Island. It was an unmarked island so no one thought to check out there. It is not technically on maps either.

"We are about twenty minutes away." The detective says.

"Fantastic."

We pull into the station and quickly jump out of the car. Iva and I are so overwhelmed, we are not sure of what to do.

"I'm Detective Christopher and I was called about two teens that were found on the coast?" He said to the lady at the desk.

"Yes! They have been expecting you." We follow Detective Christopher down several hallways that seem to form a maze.

"They are in here." A man says. I take a deep breath. What if this isn't them? What if this travel was for nothing? What if they are still out there alone in the world? Iva pats my shoulder and we both push the door open.

"Mom!" Tucker says as he runs into Iva's arms. I look at Avery and she has tears in her eyes.

"Mom?" She whispers.

"Yes." She ran into my arms and for the first time in my life, something felt real. I held her tightly to me and she held me just the same. I look over to Tucker who is smiling at Avery.

"You are safe and sound, my dear." I kiss her head and she looks up at me.

"Can we go home now?" Avery asks.

"Yes we can." We walk out of the station and we are surrounded with press workers, news cameras, and reporters.

"Who took you!?"

"How did you escape?!"

"Give us a statement!"

"Where will you go next?"

"What will happen now?!"

We pass all of them and into our vehicle. Tucker gets in the back row of the Tahoe and Avery follows sitting right beside him. Before we could even drive out of the station, both of them were passed out in the back seat. Avery laid on Tucker's shoulder while his head was on her head. It looked as though they were protecting each other from any harm. It made Iva and I so sad.

I know from this day forward, no one will ever touch my child ever again.

A/N:

New chapter! Sorry for the late update. Only 6 chapters left!! I can't believe I am almost finished with my third story!!

Thanks so much for reading!!

-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW