•Avery•

December 16th, 2014

I stare at the wall. None of this could possibly be true. My parents were killed in a car accident years ago. They couldn't be alive.

"It will be okay Avery." Tucker says soothingly.

"We'll never get out of here. I will never be okay. My parents-." I stop because it's surreal to believe anything is true up to this point. They are-were dead. I lived my entire life parent less, and they decide now to pop back in?

"I don't believe them. It's impossible."

"How so?"

"If they really loved me, they would have looked for me as soon as they were well. Or when they got out of the hospital. There is something fishy going on here and I don't like it." I walk to the window and stare out into the sunset.

"I agree, but we can't not go with what they say. They might kill us."

"I know. I feel like there is more to this than we understand. Like we are a part of a sick and twisted game in Pretty Little Liars or something." Tucker laughs at that.

"At least we aren't getting letters and notes from a letter in the alphabet." The door squeaks open and we stare at my "mother" as she slowly comes in.

"Hello sweetheart." She smiles softly at me and gives Tucker a deathly glare.

"Don't call me that." I say.

"Come on Avery, you used to love it when I called you that."

"I don't know who you think you are, but my parents are dead."

"I am your mother."

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am. I love you so much."

"If you loved me, you wouldn't of left me all alone to fend for myself."

"We faked out death."

"Why?" This is just not adding up at all. Why would they do that?

"We, personally, wanted a better life for you. We couldn't give you fancy dolls or expensive dresses. We were awful parents and we felt even worse when we left you."

"I didn't care. I was better off with you than in the foster system!" I yelled. Tucker grabs my forearm and rubs my wrist soothingly.

"We realized that. You were bullied all of your life. We blame ourselves for that."

"Why now? Why kidnap me now of all the times you could have fought for me?"

"We were dead. We couldn't just come in and get you."

"Why kidnap me then?"

"It's the only way we could have you back as our baby girl." She tries to touch my cheek and I slap it away.

"You are an insane woman. I'm glad I'm not with you anymore."

"You don't mean that Avery Faye!"

"I do. Every last word. You are a coward who can't take care of your only daughter." She holds her hand up ready to slap me.

"You know nothing."

"Why kidnap him? Huh?! He has nothing to do with this!"

"He is a bully. I have to punish someone for what they did to you. He was just easy to grab." She smiles wickedly and I'm sick to the core.

"You know so little child. This is only the beginning." She walks out and I kick the wall.

"It's all my fault." Tucker says. I stare at him.