•Avery•

September 19th, 2014~

I stare at Tucker while he slept. He was a beautiful man. Oh great, now I sound like a stalker. My question is why was he here with me? He stirs awake and looks my way. I look into his eyes and he is about as confused as I am. I notice a bright light in the corner and I shut my eyes.

"Hello, Tucker, Avery." The voice says. My eyes begin to water and my body trembles in fear. I feel a knife behind my back and I start to pray the Lord's Prayer. My hands are instantly free, as are Tucker's.

"If either of you attack, you will regret it." The person walks out and the first thing I do is take off the cloth surrounding my mouth. I smell toast and follow the intoxicating scent. I find two slices and I hand one to Tucker. He stares at me and tries to hand it back. As if he wanted me to eat it instead.

"No, we don't get much. Just eat it and try to make it last through the day." He just nods and takes one bite of it. He seems lost and scared, I was the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~

1 MONTH EARLIER

I open my eyes to darkness. My hands are tied behind me as are my feet in front of me. A piece of cloth is tied around my mouth, so screaming for help is out of the question.

"Hello, Avery." A woman's voice says. If only I could say something. I only whimpered.

"It's okay sweetheart. You won't be alone." Tears start streaming down my face. I'm suddenly scared for my life. What does she mean that I won't be alone.

"Remember, this is all you will get. So be wise." She handed me a piece of chicken and I devour it instantly.

"I mean it, all day." She walks out and I become wary of what's in this room. There is one toilet, a single bed, and no windows. It's a prison. I will die, I will never see my foster mom again, I will never do anything I want to do.

~~~~~~~~~

"Avery?" Tucker's asks.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"What do you think?" Tucker surprises me by pulling me into him. He put his arms around me protectively.

"They won't hurt us. They haven't hurt me. The only thing they do is give us enough food to let us live." He looks at me and I know he can see I've lost some weight. He pulls me back into his arms and I lay there, enjoying the warmth of another person. I suddenly feel a pull on my shoulder and my head it's the wall. I look and see a man attacking Tucker.

"No!" I feel cloth around my mouth again and someone holds my head to where it can't move. I'm being forced to watch Tucker be abused. I cry for his sake. I feel like my world is crashing down, I thought they would hurt us. I thought nothing would hurt worse than this, until I heard chilling words from the person behind me.

"Is this how you felt? Isn't this what happens inside when people torment you?" I gasp in shock and fear. They leave the room and I instantly go to Tucker's side.

"I thought you said we wouldn't get hurt?" He says sadly.

I guess I was wrong.

A/N:

I finally updated! I hope you guys enjoyed it!

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW