»Tucker«

September 20th, 2014~

Whoever said a high school fight was as hard as fighting would ever get, they were wrong. The guy threw punches as if he were a professional boxer. Dried blood surrounds my nose and mouth and I felt as if I closed my eyes, I wouldn't be able to open them back up. I look at Avery and she's asleep. There isn't a scratch on her body and she's been here longer than i have.

I take a moment to look at the room. No windows, barely two lights hanging from the ceiling, a bed, a sink, and a toilet. Whoever these people are, they planned this thing. I hear Avery stirring and I see her open her eyes to look at me.

"Did you sleep okay?" Avery asks.

"No." She looks at me sympathetically and grabs a cloth from the sink in the corner. She comes to my face with the cloth, which is now wet with water. I flinch from the feel of it on my skin.

"That hurts." I was gonna add a word before that but I couldn't say it around Avery.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help."

"You're fine." She continues to wash my face gently.

"How was it? A month without me?" She asks.

"Do you really wanna know?"

"It depends on if the information is good or bad."

"Well you know, no one goes missing in this town."

"Yeah."

"There were search parties set up almost every day to look for you. I was gonna join the one the other day but then this happened." I sigh and she stares at me.

"I'm sorry that they hurt you. And that everyone is taking the time to look for me. I am a nobody, why should anyone care." She sounds sad and depressed. Sure she wasn't the most likable person at school, but that doesn't mean she wasn't as important as the president.

"Hey, you are about as important as I am."

"Whatever, but I am sorry that they hurt you. They said they wouldn't hurt me."

"Yeah, you. Not me. Why would they do that?"

"I don't know. I just pray no one else joins us."

"Me too." The door opens and my heart begins to race. There is two men that come in, the woman wasn't with them this time.

"What should we do?" One of them asks.

"I don't know. She ain't here so we can do anything to the girl." One went up to Avery and slapped her. Hard. You could hear the echo of the slap in the room. I instantly jump up and try to punch one of the guys. He misses and tackles me. I'm not that strong at this point so I can't do much for myself or Avery.

"Weak." One of them says to me. The other guy climbed on top of Avery while I was on the ground. Before he can do anything, you could hear creaks in the floor. The man jumps up and stands against the wall. The door opens again and the woman rushes to Avery's side.

"Are you okay?" She wipes Avery's tears and looks at the guys.

"Which one did it?" They pointed at each other and the woman pulled out a gun.

"The girl doesn't get hurt, remember? You can do what you want to him, but not her. Understand!" She yells.

"Yes."

"Good," she turns around with the gun down," but no one gets second chances." She pulls the gun back up and aims at the two men. The gun goes off four times. Two wounds for each guy. She drags each one out and Avery looks at me.

"Sweet dreams, Avie." The woman says. Avery looks scared. The woman walks out and locks the door behind her. Avery still has the same shocked expression in her eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Someone called me that when I was younger, but I don't remember who." I decide to try and change the subject. I think to myself why me instead of her. The woman claims the entire time to not hurt Avery. I wonder if the woman had a connection to Avery in some way.

"Do you think this is a revenge thing?"

"I can't think after seeing two men get killed before my eyes."

"Right." She leans against me and soon she falls asleep. I put my arm around her and I suddenly become protective of Avery. Ever since I saw those men attack her, I've wanted to be the one to get the slaps. I will die to try to protect this girl. When the thought crossed my mind, I instantly scare myself. I've never thought of other people besides myself. I just know that for however long we'll be here, I won't let anyone lay a finger on my Avery.

A/N:

Another update! I couldn't write or do this story without hsimm18 ! She helps me have the encouragement to continue to write this story! Please, let me have your opinion on this story! If you guys want more chapters, please vote and comment!

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW