•Avery•

January 5th, 2015

The mysterious man never came back into our room. He never told us his name. He said Rina took him too and left. We started using the saw the day the man gave it to us.

"It's your turn." I say to Tucker.

"Okay."

"Just make sure you stop before you get blisters." I add. Last time we both over did it and had to hide our hands really well from Rina.

As we sawed the past few weeks, there was only a few pieces of wood to go through. We almost made it through the wall the other day. We noticed how close we were to the outside and decided to saw around it so we could both fit through the hole without complications.

"Do you think we will actually get out of here?" I ask.

"The only problem I see, is once we get to the dock we might be stuck for a while."

"Why?"

"If there isn't a boat, we won't get off of the island." Tucker says. That's true.

"I can help." The man from Christmas comes in the room. He shuts the door and stares at us and the wall.

"Nice hole, good job at keeping it hidden." The anticipation is killing me. This man can't show up and not tell us who he is.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I will be at the dock when I see you can get through the hole. I will stay for three days. If you don't show up I will leave without you. From the looks of it you will be able to get through it in a few weeks." He completely ignores my question. Tucker looks at me and we both want to know the same thing.

"What is your name?" Tucker asks.

"Axel." His name starts with the same letter as mine. Not weird at all.

"Remember three days." He walks out as fast as he walks in. I look at our hole and see Axel was right, it is almost complete.

"We will be home soon." Tucker says. I smile gently.

"I can't wait."

~~~~~~~

We plot for the two weeks we had left until Axel would leave on the boat. We made sure to see the exact time Rina would come check on us. We decided leaving at night was the only option.

"Do you think this will work?" I ask.

"I'm sure it will." Tucker says.

"I mean last time we tried to escape it ended badly."

"I promise you it will work." He grabs my hand and rubs it gently.

"Okay, I believe you." The door opens fast and Tucker drops my hand. The warmth I was feeling dissipated instantly.

"Here is some food." Rina says. The plate contains two chicken thighs and one role.

"Don't eat it all at once." Rina leaves and locks the door from the outside. Tucker grabs the food and stuffs it in his pockets.

"We'll need something to eat later, but if you want we can split the role."

"Sure." He hands me the role and we savor the warmth of the bread. When we finish we look at our hole to the outside world.

"If Axel isn't there, I'm going to be pissed." Tucker says.

"Me too, Tuck." We grab the food we saved for our journey home and climb out to the outside world for the second time. We climbed down a limb and made a run for it.

We ran not only for our lives, but for the freedom we longed for for months.

~~~~~~~~~~

We reach the dock and Axel is exactly where he said he would be. With the motor running, he gives us a soft smile.

"Hey, you two made it." Axel says.

"We did." I say.

"Do you have everything?" He asks.

"We believe so." Tucker says. Like we really had anything important anyway...

"Hop on, let's get out of here before they realize you two are gone." Axel says. We hop in the boat and zip away. I've never been on a speed boat before. I jump and latch onto Tucker. He laughs and puts his arm around me. I snuggle into his chest and find myself listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

"What happened to you Axel?" Tucker asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Why did Rina take you? And why hasn't she been caught?"

"She took me for an unknown reason. And I have no clue." I can sense he is lying.

"Why are you lying to us?" I ask.

"There are some things I could say, but I choose not to."

"Why won't you tell us anything?"

"Some things need to be left unsaid. More like I don't wish to repeat what happened..." He trails off and I stop asking questions. He seems to have gone through a lot.

"I'm sorry for what Rina did to you." I say.

"It's okay, she once was a good mother." Tucker and I look at each other and our hearts stop.

"I'm sorry?" Tucker asks.

"Excuse me, step mother. She was once a good step mother, and then she... She... Lost it..." We continue to ride in silence and I begin to see a bright light.

"Is that?" I ask.

"Yes it is."

The harbor is in clear view and I can not be any more excited. I grab Tucker's hand and squeeze it tightly. Hoping that I don't wake up from this unimaginable dream.

"It's real Ave, it's real." Tucker whispers in my ear. I look at him. He slowly moves a strand of hair behind my ear and caresses my cheek. We looks into each other's eyes and I swear the earth stops moving. I look down at his lips and he looks at mine. I was waiting for him to make his move. Yet he sat there, shifting his eyes from my eyes to my lips.

"What are you waiting for?" I ask with a smile.

"An interruption." He laughs and continues to caress my cheek.

"I promise there won't be an interruption. There will never be a need to worry about one, Tuck." I fade my smile and lean in to him. He leans in the rest of the way for a soft kiss. Finally, the kiss I have been waiting for.

"Wow." I say.

"You can say that again." Tucker adds with a smirk. The kiss was simple, but it meant more than what it really was.

"We are here guys." Axel says.

"Next stop, home."

A/N:

The kiss I assume a lot of you were waiting for! They are finally back on land! Now it's time to get them home.

This book has about seven chapters left, but there is much more to the story than what is actually left.

Please review for me! Comments encourage me to keep moving forward in my stories!!

Thanks!
-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW