°Espen°

September 29th, 2014

Emptiness. That's what this town felt like after losing Avery and Tucker. The day Avery went missing was the day I received adoption papers for her. She was going to be my daughter permanently.

"Any news?" I ask the police.

"No. But I'm gonna ask again, was there anything weird going on around your foster child's disappearance?" I hate that word. Foster.

"Well. Since then, I saw less and less of this black van around town. Same with Tucker."

"Well usually children run away." The officer completely ignored everything I said.

"No! When Tucker went missing that proved that statement wrong!" I yell.

"Calm down ma'm, it was just apart of procedure." He walks out and Iva walks in.

"Have they told you anything new yet?"

"No, you?"

"No." We go back to our normal routine of trying to find out where our kids went.

"Did you notice a black van follow you around anywhere?" Iva's face went from sad to scared within seconds.

"Was it following you too?" She asks.

"Yes. But only when Avery was with me."

"They followed me when Tucker was with me too." We start to cry. We could have stopped this if we paid a little more attention. Iva then looks like she has an idea.

"Wait!" She goes through her purse and finds a piece of paper.

She shows me the paper and it reads: LET34YG

The license plate number!

"I saw it parked and thought I should get the number!" She says excitedly. I write the number again so we can have another copy.

"Let's tell the police about the van and how it was following us up until the disappearances! If we show them the number they will have to look it up!" We smile widely and head to the police station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean you can't use this?! It will bring us one step closer to finding them!" Iva exclaims.

"You said the van went away. So what more do we need? Do you know where they went? Or do you even know who it was?" The lady at the front desk asks. She doesn't understand us or where we are coming from.

"Have you lost a child? Not by death, you would at least know where they are and that they are with you. With kidnapping, you don't know if they are alive, dead, or suffering. It will kill you everyday and you want to do everything in your power to find them. Do you know this pain?" I say.

"No." She says quietly.

"I pray you don't, but I want to stop feeling this pain. Help us find our kids, please." I plea.

"I'll try." She walks away to find an officer.

"We will find them, Espen." Iva says.

"I know. If they won't help us then we will have to help ourselves." The lady walks out toward us.

"Please follow me." We follow her to a room and we sit across from a police man.

"Good afternoon, I'm Detective Christopher."

"I'm Espen Reynolds, my daughter is Avery." It feels right calling Avery my daughter.

"I'm Iva Hollis, my son is Tucker." We shake hands and he says something Neither of us didn't expect.

"I volunteered to help you because I know what you two are going through. My wife and two kids were kidnapped and killed. I went through so many lengths to get them back and in the end, it wasn't enough. I want to find your kids, not just for me, but for your peace of mind."

"Thank you." We say at the same time.

"Tell me everything you know, including what you have discovered in the past two months since their disappearance."

And that's just what we did.

A/N:

I thought this story needed an outsiders point of view. I would get bored reading Avery and Tucker's side too much. What did you think? Good? Bad?

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW