•Avery•

November 27th, 2014

Thanksgiving. The grandest day of the year for food. In the normal world of coarse.

"Look Ave." Tucker says while pointing at the door. We actually have some turkey. Not much, but some is better than none.

"Finally something besides bread." I whisper. He chuckles and we dive into the turkey. We each get a leg and decide to save the rest for later.

"What did your family do for Thanksgiving?" I ask.

"Nothing spectacular. We would get both sides of the family and meet up at my Aunt Darla's. Her house was the biggest to hold everyone. My mom is always apprehensive about holidays. You would see her literally lose her mind trying to figure out what to cook and if it was good enough. I thought it was hilarious, she would just give me a glare." He looks like he's trying to remember that one specific memory. I pat him on the shoulder for comfort.

"I know."

"What do you do for Thanksgiving?" He says instantly to change the subject.

"I was with a lot of different family's. I did so many different traditions that I've lost count." He just looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"There has to be one thing that happened at all of them that were the same." He says. I think really hard.

"Okay the main thing at all of them, was the carving of the turkey. Every family I was with saw it as an honor to make the first cut into the turkey. If you were the first, you got to get the first of everything. Like all the food and desserts."

"How do they decide?" He asks.

"They draw from a pot."

"Like one you cook in?" He laughs.

"Yes!" We laugh and I sigh. I'm tired of it here. I know I think that a lot, but when you are confined in a room with barely any light, you really start to go mad.

"We need a plan." I say.

"For what?" Tucker asks.

"A plan to get out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think it will work?" He asks. We planned on a break out for a few weeks. I felt like a criminal saying that.

"It has to. We just need to watch and make sure she does the same thing everyday." He looks at me with a glare.

"Okay she does the same thing everyday, but still!" I say. We have looked out our window for a while and it looked like we were on some beach in Alabama. We said if we broke out, we would run north back to Brookhaven. The motto was: "No matter how far you go North, you always find yourself in Brookhaven." So we are gonna stick to that. The door slowly opens and we the lady and only the lady.

"Alright kids, I decided you guys have been so good today, so that means no beatings today!" She says excitedly. Even though that comment was only meant for Tucker.

"I decided to get rid of the extras. They are so dumb. So it's just me and my husband." She smiles at me like I was her favorite candy bar.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask harshly.

"You'll find out soon." She says wickedly. She walks out and I look at Tucker.

"Tomorrow is the day we get out of here."

"Finally."

"At least we won't have to deal with extra men to dodge."

"True, Ave." I noticed a few days ago that he really likes calling me Ave instead of Avery. I like it, I didn't expect to though.

Just one more day and I can go home and be normal again. I wonder in Tucker will go back to being his normal arrogant self.

~~~~~~~~~~

We wake up to the door slamming, and we see a plate of food on the ground.

"Ready?" I ask.

"More than ever." We wait with the rope we have stocked up and the cloth we have saved from the previous times it was used. She always comes in an hour or two after she drops off food in the morning. So we wait in the darkest part of the room.

The door slowly opens and the lady steps in and looks around for us. I sneak behind her and put the cloth around her mouth. She struggles but I tie the cloth anyway. Tucker ties her hands and feet together and we throw her in the corner of the room.

"Let's go!" I whisper yell. When we step out, the light hits us like a ball hits a bat. We might of had a window, but it wasn't much of one. We run down the stairs and out the front door. It's only six in the morning based off of one of the wall clocks inside. We look around and realize something terrible. We are in the middle of no where.

We were wrong about the location. It was only a lake outside the window. Trees surrounded everywhere we turned. The kidnappers made it look like a beach on the side of the house we were on. They must have known we would try to think of an escape.

"Run." I say to Tucker. We run straight until our legs burn. We stopped and hid behind a large tree.

"What do we do now?" He asks.

"We walk until we find something or someone to help us."

"Alright." We walk for a while and I hear a gunshot miles behind us. That means one thing. That lady must of killed her husband for letting us escape.

And we are next.

A/N:

They are finally free, but how long will they be free?

TEASER: Soon all of this that's happening in the story will make since! We are getting to the 'Ah Ha' moment in the story. Like the plot twist (I hope you guys think it's one) and why the kidnappers did what they did.

What did you think? Good? Bad? Please vote and comment! I would really appreciate it!

-LBB

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW