Chapter 8 - Dinner and A Show

"Where the hell are we?" I asked.

After dragging me around all day, we finally stopped outside an Italian restaurant. We stood there for almost ten minutes, and every time the door opened, the scent of delicious foods would waft out into the streets, tauntingly leaving my stomach hungry.

Instead of answering me, he just dragged me through the door, past the dining area, and toward the back of the restaurant. We approached a small hallway guarded by two nasty, bulldog-looking men. He 'placed' me into a chair beside the men and gave me a stern look.

"Do not move from this spot. I believe I have proven that I can quickly hunt you down." When he was done lecturing me, he turned towards the men standing next to Nico, who were quickly reduced to looking like harmless puppy dogs. "You don't let her out of your site. If you do, you'll have to answer to me. Understand?"

"Yes, sir." They both responded simultaneously. Creepy.

Nico disappeared behind a door labeled staff only. He said he was attending to some 'business,' but if you asked me, I'd say he did a little too much 'business.' Maybe that wasn't what he was doing at all. I mean, I wouldn't put it past him to have me sit here while he's off screwing some blonde bimbo. He's a scumbag like that.

"Hey, you guys don't have to watch me, I'll be fine." No answer. "I'm just gonna stretch my legs and go to the bathroom quickly." I went to stand up, but the guy on the right spoke up.

"Don't move." I waited for him to elaborate or make eye contact, but nada.

"That's all? Well, hello, Mr. Cryptic." I muttered while I sat back down in a huff and crossed my arms. I noticed the corner of the left guy's mouth twitch briefly before it became neutral again.

"I'm just expected to sit here?" I complained.

"Yes." Again, the right guy wouldn't look at me.

"Well, thank you for defining that so clearly for me. I mean, you should invest in making a dictionary." I said sarcastically. He continued looking ahead while the left guy tried to hold back a smile.

"Got any names at least?" No answer. "No? Okay then. Who's in charge between the two of you? Is it Mr. Cryptic or Mr. Smiley?" Still no answer. "I bet it's Mr. Smiley; he seems like the take charge kind of guy."

Mr. Smiley finally smiled a full smile while Mr. Cryptic scoffed like it was the most obscured thing he'd ever heard.

"You don't agree?" I asked Mr. Cryptic.

"The boss is the one in charge." That was all he said; this guy needs to learn how to elaborate.

"That's real descriptive. Should I keep calling you guys your nicknames, or do you plan on filling me in on your real identities anytime soon?" I asked while staring them down. Mr. Smiley was the first to break.

"I'm Luigi, he's Monte. What's yours?"

Luigi was cute, I'd give him that, and he looked to be in his late twenties with brown hair and a nicely fit body, but nowhere close to Nico. On the other hand, Monte looked older than him, maybe in his mid-thirties, with dark hair and sunglasses covering his eyes. I mean, who wears sunglasses inside at night? I hesitated for a moment before answering his question.

"Callie, it's so nice to meet you two fine gentlemen on this lovely evening," I said sarcastically, then gave a fake smile.

"I'm sure," Monte muttered. "Now, why don't you just shut up, sit your pretty little ass on that seat and don't move." He made brief eye contact with me before looking away.