Chapter 7 - Attempted Escape

"Y-you're a-an a-ass-h-hole." I spat while shivering from the passenger seat.

    Nico chuckled as I tried in vain to dry my drenched hair. "In my defense, I told you that you only had ten minutes."

    "Well, I didn't think you were crazy enough to come into the bathroom while showering and drag me out. Do you have any human decency? Any morals?"

    "I'm part of the family; we have no morals. Plus, it's not anything I haven't seen before."

    "Gee, thanks." Asshole. "Where are we even going?" We were sitting in a beautiful older black Mustang, driving to nowhere.

    "Don't worry about it."  Well, I guess that's the end of the discussion...or not.

    "I am worried about it, or I wouldn't have asked."

    "How about you shut that pretty little face of yours, or I'll put a muzzle on it. Still worried now?"

    "Opportunity wasted," I muttered while crossing my arms and looking out the window.

    "What?"

    "I'm just saying that you could've gone to a dirtier place with that, considering you're you. Missed chance." His only answer was a glare before returning to the road, but I still saw a smile.

...

    "You've got to be kidding me," I said open-mouthed. A mall, a freaking mall. Why? Just why?

    "I have a meeting with someone."

    "At a mall?" I asked, dumbfounded.

    "You're telling me this isn't one of the least obvious places you'd expect a meeting." I had to give him that.

    "Fine, but why am I here?"

    "Like I said earlier, you won't be leaving my side."

    "For how long?" Honestly, I was kind of scared of the answer.

    "Until I can trust you." He answered flatly.

    "So...never?" He smirked before walking towards the mall. He stopped at the entrance and faced me.

    "You coming, darling?" To any citizen nearby, he'd seem like a loving boyfriend. Reality? He was a psycho who worked for the Mafia-scratch, the boss of the Italian Mafia. I put on my sweetest smile before responding.

    "Of course, honeybuns."

Kill. Me. Now.

    "So what does one do while waiting for a...fellow mafia person? Or is he a drug lord? Or is he a she?"

    "First of all, can you shut up? You're making me regret not putting a muzzle on you. And second, it's none of your goddamn business." I noticed how he casually looked around without raising suspicion. 

    "I'm just curious. You haven't been exactly forthcoming with your information."

    "That's because it's-"

    "None of my business, I get it." I interrupted, putting my hands up in surrender.

    "This is why I never stick to one woman. You're all the same, always harping and nagging and honestly too much of a hassle to deal with."

    "That is extremely...sexist and rude and narcissistic and so many other things."

    "Yeah, yeah, I'm a horrible person. I've heard it enough times."